Android Market no longer works on rooted 7015A

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Market 2.3.6 works fine in my MID1024, but won't show some apps. If I go to version 3.x (any of them will auto-update to latest, 3.1.5 AFAIK) then I have to clear Market's data in Settings -> Applications and change LCD density to 160 to clear the yellow badge about compatibility. Then I can go back to the normal dpi and it still works fine.

help_u_out

Oct 9, 2011
It seems the "fix" of uninstalling the updates no longer fixes anything. At least not on a rooted 7015A.

What is really weird is that I can update previously installed apps, but I see no other apps listed in the market and I cannot search.

The purchasers of this Coby Kyros model just got googled! We are being told that we are not worthy of the apps in the market because we didn't spend a fortune on our tablet!

help_u_out

Oct 9, 2011
So I have to open the default browser (or SkyFire), go to the android market web page, log in, then download from there. It works! See how technology makes things easier?

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
My rooted 7015A had the same problem. I followed tipsters steps to load a Honeycomb look-a-like Gingerbread ROM. The Coby is now much more responsive. Word.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

mrtoad43

Jan 30, 2011
That worked THANKS!!!

I have the same problem with Android Market not working anymore. I see where it says to delete the apk file but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help. I have a file browser but I don't know where to look for the update for this. Can you kindly give me instructions. I also need to know how to roll back to the 2.0 version. I appreciate your help.

Last edited:

ritepath

Jul 3, 2011
Is this the "No matching content in Android Market." problem?

I can go to my apps and some will update others give me "Requested item could not be found."

I can sent new apps to my COBY from the PC (what few are still compatiable) but can't download from the tablet anymore.

I've done the rollback updates and clearning everything but still get the same "no matching..." error.

???