Problems with the Android Market

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
I am having an odd problem with my Coby 7015a. Briefly, I rooted the tablet, installed the graphics fix, then the Market. All was working fine, then I was getting a process.gapps error. I got that resolved. The tablet worked fine for several days, then the market just stopped working, and I was getting a process.vending error, or something like that. I was able to reinstall the market to get rid of the error, but when I try to login with my Google credentials, it keeps telling me it cannot connect, and that my "phone" may not have data enabled. There is a trick to login to the Youtube app using your Gmail credentials that resolved that. However, right after it logs into Google, the process.com.gapps error returns. The market will open, but I am having problems downloading anything. The error will also continue to pop up now and then, and it is annoying. I am about ready to just restore this thing to stock if nobody can give me an idea how to get it stable! Thank you in advance for any help!

Mike

Apr 28, 2011
Try to backup to a previous time in clockwork, and see if you are still having the problem. If you didnt backup using clockwork, than that is your problem and a stupid mistake. If you do restore to a previous state, and are still getting the problem, just restore to stock, and re-root. It could be a certain app that is giving you this problem so check which apps you have recently downloaded, and check and see if it is causing this problem.

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Try to backup to a previous time in clockwork, and see if you are still having the problem. If you didnt backup using clockwork, than that is your problem and a stupid mistake. If you do restore to a previous state, and are still getting the problem, just restore to stock, and re-root. It could be a certain app that is giving you this problem so check which apps you have recently downloaded, and check and see if it is causing this problem.

I do have a clockwork backup, but only of my original configuration. The only app I have installed on it the last few days is ADW Launcher, which I doubt is causing Market problems. This problem started with no interaction from myself. It literally was working one day, and then not the next time I turned it on! And yes....I realize this is my problem.....:rolleyes:

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
It is odd! It is almost like something was pushed down on it, like some update. Maybe I should remove ADW, just for the heck of it. I can always reinstall. I may even try setting up another Gmail account to see if that makes any difference!

Apr 28, 2011
Yeah, It would probably be best to just play around with it for a while and try to figure out what happened. If you cant figure it out, then just restore

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
I have officially given up! Every time I try to fix it, the problem slightly changes. For now, I am going to leave it as it is. The error does not pop up if I disable syncing. I have installed two alternate Android markets. That in combination with the ability to download .apk files should be more than enough! Thanks for you help!