Android Market on the Coby Kyros mid8024 no rooting needed

rlt215

Dec 10, 2011
I just have to say, Thank you Thank you Thank you. I bought 4 of these MID7012 for my 2 kids and 2 stepkids for Christmas. Got a great deal on them at best buy online on Thanksgiving for 79.99 but I was getting frustrating trying to get them set up and working like I wanted them to. You don't know how much frustration you saved me. =)

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi rlt215,

Welcome to the board, glad you joined us. Nice to hear things are working out for your on the MID7012's you purchased. That is a nice price. :D

jay1028

Dec 9, 2011
photoweborama

Could you please post url (or upload) where I can get the google aps in your post above. I have tried others and they won't work on my 7012, but I see you have had success with the files you have listed.

Thanks

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Yes, it's possible. You just need to transfer the files to your tablet. You can use a thumb drive via USB, download the files directly to your tablet (if built-in browser can't gives you a download failure, try Opera mobile) or adb (if you don't know what it is or what Android SDK is, then never mind).

Retrokicks

Dec 16, 2011
I used the link from Coyle1010 (OP) and instructions from photoweborama and got the Android market running on my Coby 7012-4G and it was working great for some time. Thanks, guys!

However, the search function now does not work. Every time I type a search it says "ATTENTION: A SERVER ERROR HAS OCCURRED. RETRY, Or CANCEL AND RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS SCREEN" with options: [Retry] [Cancel]

Strangely, results do come up for some non-words like mo, lo and hi. but it doesn't show all results and after scrolling to the bottom it says NO CONNECTION [RETRY]. It seems the app is frozen in time and the same apps are showing on the main and different categories. I wonder if there's a sync problem?

I'm not exactly what I did before it started malfunctioning, but it included:
Installing and uninstalling the Market version of Netflix, which played too slow for my tablet.
Installing an old version of Netflix (1.2.1), which works. Used USB cord transfer of apk app, then installed it.
Installing a game or two from Get Jar market app.
Installing windows live from Get Jar and signing in my hotmail.

Wifi is definitely running; I can surf web, DL from Get Jar market, and use other apps.

I uninstalled all the components of the Android Market Installation from original thread and re-installed them with the same error resulting.
I've cleared the data and cache for the app separately and together with no results.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Settings, syncs etc?

I'd like to avoid a reset if possible.

Last edited:

shrimpy23

Nov 27, 2011
I used the link from Coyle1010 (OP) and instructions from photoweborama and got the Android market running on my Coby 7012-4G and it was working great for some time. Thanks, guys!

However, the search function now does not work. Every time I type a search it says "ATTENTION: A SERVER ERROR HAS OCCURRED. RETRY, Or CANCEL AND RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS SCREEN" with options: [Retry] [Cancel]

Strangely, results do come up for some non-words like mo, lo and hi. but it doesn't show all results and after scrolling to the bottom it says NO CONNECTION [RETRY]. It seems the app is frozen in time and the same apps are showing on the main and different categories. I wonder if there's a sync problem?

I'm not exactly what I did before it started malfunctioning, but it included:
Installing and uninstalling the Market version of Netflix, which played too slow for my tablet.
Installing an old version of Netflix (1.2.1), which works. Used USB cord transfer of apk app, then installed it.
Installing a game or two from Get Jar market app.
Installing windows live from Get Jar and signing in my hotmail.

Wifi is definitely running; I can surf web, DL from Get Jar market, and use other apps.

I uninstalled all the components of the Android Market Installation from original thread and re-installed them with the same error resulting.
I've cleared the data and cache for the app separately and together with no results.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Settings, syncs etc?

I'd like to avoid a reset if possible.

I have heard of this and they go through and reset your caches and stuf

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
Last few days I have been getting Force close on the Google services framework constantly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and found apparently that the errors for most are coming from the sync option.

However, I even did go as far as installing NOTHING but the Framework and the market, and still get it.

I think it may be stemming from the latest update that I did with my Go Launcher, as it stated something akin to the new permissions will stop Gmail from syncing correctly, but I think it stopped everything from working right.

Thinking I may try and revert my Go Launcher and see if that works.

Has anyone else been having problems? I know they broke the search for a while but it started working again... now this?

Im about ready to scream.

eishas

Dec 24, 2011
ugggh everything i try to download it says make sure i have free space and retry . i havent downloaded anything someone help please

Last edited:

KarenBCN

Oct 27, 2011
I was thrilled to find something that FINALLY let me download Android Market on my MID 7012. Thank you! But I still can't get adobe flash player! When I click to download, it tells me that there's no phone associated with my account and won't let me download. Can someone tell me how to proceed so that I can get flash? Thank you.

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
Flash is not compatible with the the 7012. There are a few things you can try, such as certain version listed in the forum with Search, or you can try Puffin browser which has native Flash support.

bigblue206

Dec 2, 2010
For the guys who asked about doing this from the tablet.

All you have to do is google search the gapps signed zip from the op right from the Coby browser. For me it was the first option and it was from media fire. Once you download the file it will appear in yours "downloads" folder. The tablet comes with ES file Explorer loaded on it and it has a zip file extracter built in. Just find the gapps file and unzip it into the same folder if you like. Once its unzipped you will see a file that says "system" click that, then a file that says "app". Once you click on app all of the required apks are in this file. I followed the instructions of the 6-7 post down and it works perfect. No computer needed.

Svalen1211

Dec 25, 2011
This works GREAT!! There are a few things that I found have to be done in a certain way for it to work.
I have a MID 7012 BTW.

It appears that the Google framework must be in place and working before the Market will work.
I had all the problems listed by others, but finally got it to work.

Install the following:

• GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  • GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
  • GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
  • Gmail.apk
  • NetworkLocation.apk
Reboot the tablet and make all connections to Google.
This means you successfully get Google mail and the calendar up and working.

Now install the following:

• Market.apk (used to be called Vendor.apk)
  • MarketUpdater.apk
Reboot the unit and the Market app should work fine now.

I was just about to take this thing back, but after getting this up and working, it works really good and I'm happy.
BTW, the NetFlix app does not work very well on this tablet. it all works, but it's super slow. Not even watchable.

----------------
This still doesn't work .... The Market will not open nor the Gmail