Android market online problem on Archos 101

JoSCh

Jun 2, 2011
Probably a newb question, but should I be able to download apps via the browser on my Archos 101? When I go to market.android.com and log in with my google account and try to install, it looks like I'd be able to get apps, but when I click "install" nothing happens. No errors, but no download/install either. It just sits there. I'm able to navigate away, but can't download. I've tried with the default browser and with the Dolphin browser. Is there a workaround, am I doing something wrong, or is this a known issue?

I have the "hacked" android market app installed, but the app I'm looking for (E! for my wife NOT FOR ME! >tears) is not available, or at least not readily apparent.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are many apps which do not readily show up for a number of reasons. One fix is to to the Market fix. This can be simple to complex. Just do a search for Market Fix. It is basically you clear the cached data for Market and another app. Many times I have had to run it to show an app which I knew should be available.

The other potential cause is the E! app is looking for a IMEI and phone number. Then you have to do some other gymnastics. Usually the Market Fix does the trick though.