Android Marketplace

MikeTodd

Mar 26, 2011
I just received my new Ziio 7" with Android 2.2 loaded. Has anyone tried to load android marketplace. I know Creative states I can get programs elsewhere.

Thanks

I don't mind being the red headed step child with my ziio but how about a little mainstream love?

Last edited:

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
Google have some minimum requirements before allowing companies install Android Market on their hardware.

The ZiiO isn't up to those requirements (GPS is one requirement I think)

Freewarelovers and SlideMe are two great legal sites for apps

applanet, 4 shared and mobilism all deal in the other side (although you can get loads of legally-free from them too!)

I've downloaded some files from the android market on my phone (Android 2.1 LG Optimus) and transfered them over as well.

MikeTodd

Mar 26, 2011
Google have some minimum requirements before allowing companies install Android Market on their hardware.

Thanks for the heads up and the useful sites. I'm not sure why I expected full market support with 2.2. Creative states there isn't compatibility. Anyway I'm real happy I was able to install NOOK viewer after searching around and installing one that didn't work. I had purchased books through them prior to ordering my ziio. The purchase was a gift from their store.

americandane

Oct 27, 2011
The Viewbook 730 which is virtually identical to the Ziio 7 can get market to load but you need do it with adb. I have full market running on my 730 and it's got a very comprehenisve list of apps available.

After you get adb working by editing the andorid_usb.inf file, then you only need psneuter and the google apps from the cyanogenmod wiki site (get the HDPI version 6 at the bottom right of the "Latest Version" page).

Update: Nov 16:
I just got a Ziio 10 and did the root and the market install process and it worked fine (except you really don't have full root - just root for most apps - like titanium backup and others)
Make sure you clear your cache before you reboot.

Last edited: