I am thinking of buying a Ziio...

Feb 2, 2011
Thanx Dixon! :)

I'll be getting mine on this Thursday...hopefully. Keeping my fingers crossed. I am praying that I wont get a defective unit or something. I was reading the reviews on amazon.com, and some of the people were crying that their unit just died and would not switch back on...

Well, that why God gave us warranty! :)

Cheers Bro'!

razer

Feb 3, 2011
Thanx Dixon! :)

I'll be getting mine on this Thursday...hopefully. Keeping my fingers crossed. I am praying that I wont get a defective unit or something. I was reading the reviews on amazon.com, and some of the people were crying that their unit just died and would not switch back on...

Well, that why God gave us warranty! :)

Cheers Bro'!

My unit did that once on me but it was my fault as I didnt read the huge piece of paper that greets you when you open the box regarding reseting the unit and th euse of the power button in general.

I installed an app that force/closed on me and crashed the tablet.Was panicing thinking it was totally broken because it wouldnt turn on but it turns out to do a reset you have to hold the power button for 10 secs to restart it.
Once I did that and removed the app all was fine again.

Something to keep in mind.And something that I wonder if those peeps on amazon know about :)

Feb 2, 2011
Well...something good happened last night. I was able to get off work early, for a change, and decided to head off to the mall to kill some time. On a whim I decided to go look at the Ziio. Before now, it was always behind a glass case and the customers was not allowed to handle it. (WTF!!! right?)

Anyway, I flagged down a salesman and told him I was interested in the product; and to my surprise he produced another Ziio to play around with!!!

I have to say...the experience was more then satisfactory. The screen was responsive, panning between home screens did not show any stutter and the applications opened without too much delay. I tried out the keyboard and i did not mis-press any keys. Even in portrait mode, the keys were big and a pleasure to type on. All my fears and negatives that other people brought up on their reviews...did not affect me! :)

I also check the firmware running on it and it was 1.00.13 :(

Now I'll have to update it. I hope it doesn't brick my device. In defense of the Ziio, only one or two people complained about this Creative Support forum...and considering the number of people who brought this device - it is more then likely the fault of the owner then the device.

Also the store I decided to buy from do not have the Creative accessories. I was especially interested in the leather jacket too...

Most reviews on Youtube showed a stylus; is it included in the box? What color is it? I am asking because one of the reviews on Youtube showed a black stylus being used...and the Ziio is white.

I will admit; this is my first tablet device and my first Android device. So I don't have anything to compare it to. None the less, it impressed me. Sure I have see videos online; but yesterday was the first time I handled the Ziio. I liked it! I was more then suitable.

@ razer: I'll make it a point to read every thing before using the Ziio. Beyond that, I have this forum and...well, your patronage, hopefully! :)

Say, what do you guys use the Ziio for. Web browsing is a given; and listening to music, e-book and maybe gaming. But after that, where else does the Ziio shines in. The Ziio is already a winner in my book...but it don't hurt to feel even more prouder... :D

Cheers!!!

Last edited:

razer

Feb 3, 2011
I also check the firmware running on it and it was 1.00.13 :(

Now I'll have to update it. I hope it doesn't brick my device.
Cheers!!!

The update procedure is the easiest of any device Ive ever used.Its just an apk file that you transfer to the device through usb.Run the apk.Make sure the Ziio is 50% charged--better still have it on ac before you start and it does it all itself.
The update plus ADW makes it even better.

Feb 2, 2011
@ razer: Thanks for the heads up!!! :)

I'll be heading off tomorrow to buy the Ziio. :)

Holy!!! I'm so excited!!! :p

Feb 2, 2011
Why does the Creative Ziio have a black stylus? It's a white colored device. The stylus fits perfectly for the 10" tablet which is black in color.

Does the Ziio have some way to attach the stylus so it does not get misplaced?

razer

Feb 3, 2011
Why does the Creative Ziio have a black stylus? It's a white colored device. The stylus fits perfectly for the 10" tablet which is black in color.

Does the Ziio have some way to attach the stylus so it does not get misplaced?

Havent even taken the stylus out of its packaging the screen is that good.You wont need it.Trust me.

Feb 2, 2011
OH MY GAWD!!!!

The day's here...in a few hours - more like after 8 hours of duty, I'll be going off to buy the Ziio. :D:D:D

Then I'll be on of you guys! :cool:

Now I just have to get through the day first... :p

Feb 2, 2011
Alright fellas! I'm off to get my a Ziio!

Wish me luck! And hopefully there is no freakish manufacturing defects...

Cheerio!!!

Feb 2, 2011
Guys!!! I just got the tablet :) :) :)

I'm doing everything by the book. So for the next SIX hours (as it is mentioned in the manual) I'm going to charge it...before switching it on.

I think this will be the last post in this topic. I'm post my views on the Creative Ziio in a new topic...making further post in this topic redundant.