Creative Ziio Android Update

mechir

Feb 10, 2011
i want your personal opinion not a link or a review from some one else .what would you but if you could out of the items below.ipad, ipad 2, motorola xoom wifi, dell streak, samsung galaxy tab, archos 70.

Sorry. My english is limited and I couldn't get what you're trying to convey.

Btw, the whole thread talks about the incoming update which is still not coming (as for Froyo case). Is it wrong to post some web news about it? /0?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Show full PR text
Android 2.2 OS Upgrade Now Available on Creative ZiiO™ 7" Tablet
Free Web Upgrades for Current Users Will Start 25 March 2011

Creative Technology Ltd has upgraded its Creative ZiiO 7" Android-based tablets to Android 2.2. Current Creative ZiiO 7" owners will be able to enjoy a free upgrade via support.creative.com or the ZiiO Space portal found on their tablets, beginning 25 March 2011.

In addition, the Creative ZiiO 7" with Android 2.2 will begin shipping on 18 March 2011*, while the Creative ZiiO 10" is expected to ship with Android 2.2 by April 2011*.

Users of the Creative ZiiO tablets with Android 2.2 can look forward to enjoying these enhancements:
• Flexibility to install apps using either on-board memory or external storage media
• Flexibility of viewing pages in both desktop and mobile formats – which means that pages can now be seen in their original lay-out without truncation
• Improved security with the addition of numeric pin or alpha-numeric password options to unlock device
• Greater

Creative's 7-inch ZiiO tablet gets Froyo this Friday, 10-inch model to follow suit -- Engadget

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
I'm hoping flash works with it and that I can output any steams to my tv using the HDMI output.

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
It's here and installs fine.

Not sure about Flash yet.
I tried to use lovefilm.com and was told my flash version wasn't good enough.

Edit: Youtube works well and a streaming website I use is playing brilliant

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
Have there been any rooted ROMs released for the Ziio? ...or do you find the 2.2 to be sufficient? Seems to be available at very good prices right now.