Android Tablet+ 3G

bugs

May 26, 2011
Iv seen some Android Tablets on Amazon that i`m interested in for my wife for her birthday. at the moment she has a laptop which has died which she uses most for internet browsing with her Three 3G broadband stick she also does some word processing and other officey type things.

I`m not really concerned about the office stuff but, the Mobile Broadband I am. Can anyone confirm if they have successfully used thier 3G broadband stick with thier 3G tablet? On the advert I saw it says its supported but I want to confirm before I pay out any money.

Thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
A 3G Stick only works to provide a connection to a 3G network (cellular vs. WiFi), so I am not quite sure what you are looking for in terms of having it support "word processing and other officey type things." I would recommend looking at the Galaxy Tabs or the Motorola Xoom, both of which come with 3G built in and therefore won't need a stick.

bugs

May 26, 2011
thanx for the reply, the only thing I was really concerned with was the 3G Broadband stick i`d like the Xoom or the Galaxy but its simply out of my price range i`m looking at the budget end of the market, and having the stick poking out of the side isnt realy a concern.