Android Tablet Will Not Go Into Recovery Mode

hittinit

Nov 24, 2012
I don't know what you downloaded. Below is link to terminal.

Download free Android Terminal Emulator app for Android at Freeware Lovers

post link to whatever you downloaded.

thanks for the link, all the links (all android terminal versions) listed have no files listed in the link, and the download buttons on the site you gaveme ask me to download 7zip download manager....https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm..if i press the install it comes up with you havent pressed the white shopping icon on your device, i was able to download the terminal to my gmail acct, and then i went on my tablet and tried downloading it and it came up error message that my device was not an android device, wow i was able to jailbreak multiple iphones in less than 5 mins and i cant get get this device to find out if its rooted or not..lol incredible

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
thanks for the link, all the links (all android terminal versions) listed have no files listed in the link, and the download buttons on the site you gaveme ask me to download 7zip download manager....https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm..if i press the install it comes up with you havent pressed the white shopping icon on your device, i was able to download the terminal to my gmail acct, and then i went on my tablet and tried downloading it and it came up error message that my device was not an android device, wow i was able to jailbreak multiple iphones in less than 5 mins and i cant get get this device to find out if its rooted or not..lol incredible

well it's much easier to download from market, alot of freesites pull their downloads without notice.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This brings up an interesting question if you don't know how to test for root why do you need it? I suspect it wont be long til you brick your tablet, but oh well I uploaded app for you.

jackpal.androidterm-1.apk

hittinit

Nov 24, 2012
This brings up an interesting question if you don't know how to test for root why do you need it? I suspect it wont be long til you brick your tablet, but oh well I uploaded app for you.

jackpal.androidterm-1.apk

ok hey sorry for all the confusion, i was able to download it thru my device, i typed su this what comes up

app_42@android:/$export PATH=/data/local/bin:$path
app_42@android;/#

not sure what that means

the main reason for rooting is like when i jailbreak i want to be able to put games on my tablet for free unless there is a diff way..thanks

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
ok hey sorry for all the confusion, i was able to download it thru my device, i typed su this what comes up

app_42@android:/$export PATH=/data/local/bin:$path
app_42@android;/#

not sure what that means

the main reason for rooting is like when i jailbreak i want to be able to put games on my tablet for free unless there is a diff way..thanks

means you are rooted you see #

hittinit

Nov 24, 2012
yep you are a rookie :p :p

/system/xbin/su

oh i can take it im a total NOOB when it comes to this..lol you have been a great help so worries you can call me fing idiot and i would say i know, but i will get that crap down soon, so am i rooted even if it says no su found. in system/bin, so i guess the real question is now to get paid apps and games on my tablet w/o having to p*y for it..lol