Annoying Voice

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
Does anyone know how to get rid of that annoying voice that announces each operation? The best I can find is to turn the sound off but that defeats the effect of many of the device functions and apps.

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
I cane to this forum looking for some intelligent advice, not some wise guy that thinks he's cute!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
What voice are you talking about? I have had 5 different tablets, none of them have any "voice" prompts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
On my new 10.1 Galaxy tablet, if I turn the sound completely on so that the various applications that make sound can be heard properly, there is a computerized voice that makes a statement every time I press a new application.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have a galaxy 10.1, no voice. Checked with a friend, also no voice. Where did you get it?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Also, what statement is it making?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Try Settings->Sound, and uncheck the boxes under feedback.

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
Sorry for the delay in responding. Unchecking the boxes under feedback seems to have taken care of my problem. Thanks for the help.

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
Dued...Lighting up!... Usually on occasion I enjoy a good joke or two...As for Information I tend to give good tech advice on this and many other forums I am involved with. As for your post everyone seemed confused due to the fact that Tablets nor Computers normally come with pre-installed sound files schemes...
Sorry if the intended hummor offended you.
The General.

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
Not a problem, but humor in forums is normally reserved for those with whom you have dealt with in the past or someone you already know. Since I don't know you, how was I to know that your post was intended as humorous? I wasn't offended, I was looking for an answer to my problem and your comment surprised me. I'll watch for that in the future.

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
Well, my problem is back. Here is what I'm getting and I find it hard to believe that my Galaxy 10.1 is the only one in existence that does this.

When pressing any application image on the screen I get a computerized voice that tells me what I have just touched. For example, when I touch home it says -"Click Home". when I touch settings it tells me - "Click Settings". Since I already know what I have just pressed, I really don't need to be told what I just did.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Settings->accessibility uncheck everything

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I don't know about that, but I do know that I looked for something to TURN on voice and there is nothing on my tab. Did you by chance add a screen reader or accessibility app to your tablet?