Annoying Voice

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
Nope, it's just like it came - out of the box. It was set up in the store by Best Buy people.

By the way, I've been reading about something new that is supposed to enhance the device, called TouchWiz. do you know anything about that?

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
Regarding the TouchWiz thing, it's in the update. I'm probably the only one who doesn't know this but in case someone else wants to get up to date here's how.

Go to Settings, About Tablet, Software Update, and follow the instructions. Takes about a half hour all told. Looks like a good update.

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
that update is currently on hold for most users

Why would that be? I had no trouble downloading and installing the update. Is my unit somehow different than those of most users?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It would appear so based on the voice prompts that your system is giving you. Where did you get your tablet? If you go to Settings->About Tablet what is listed under these fields?

sunwest

Sep 16, 2011
It was purchased at the local BestBuy store on Sep 13.

Information from "About Tablet"

Model Number - GT-P7510
Android Version - 3.1
Kernel Version - 2.6.36.3 se.infra@SEP-63 #1
Build Number - HMj37-UEKME P7510UEKME

flutelady

Oct 5, 2011
Ok that did it. But am I truly the only person who has had this problem?[/QUOTE

No, I am searching the net in desperation to shut this computerized woman up! She is driving me batty. Make her stop. I have shut off all of the accessibilioty option checkboxes and she is still reading everything to me. The only reason I turned her on in the first place was to see if she would read me kindle books to me while I drive home from work! Wouldnt't you know that this is the only time she shuts up!
I am going to wwait and see if the tablet just needs time to catch up with me but I fear the worst. Please let me know exactly what you did to stop her. I am ready to throw this thing!
et

flutelady

Oct 5, 2011
I believe that is why we have the voice. Maybe since my tablet is new it is already set up in here. I can't really understand the purpose though, because it is so annoying !

flutelady

Oct 5, 2011
OMG SHE IS GONE! THANK GOD! I think it takes a while to catch up with me or something. I am very impatient! :

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
well cutie i found it funny :)

Just making lite of things....I could understand his fustration, but does anyone truly know everyone personaly on these forums.
Well apology accept by him, so all is well. I just think he is new to the tech game and is getting a bit fustrate.

:cool:

Bigdinmi1260

Dec 22, 2015
Ok
On my new 10.1 Galaxy tablet, if I turn the sound completely on so that the various applications that make sound can be heard properly, there is a computerized voice that makes a statement every time I press a new application.
You go to accessibility then turn on Swype hope it works

techgirl420

Feb 3, 2016
It could be under settings/accessibility on a rca tablet....talk back feature....no wonder it's super "annoying"