Another newbie!

chippiechick

Dec 21, 2010
Please help me! I have just received the Epad 10" WiFi Android 2.1 tablet and I could really do with some help! It connected very quickly to my home broadband. I cannot open any of the already installed apps except facebook. Even this does not open every time. When I try to open other apps, I am constantly getting a message saying "SORRY! The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". When this window appears, the only option i have is to "force close". What do I need to do to get my tablet up and running? Please be aware that I am not a computer techie so please answer in simple terms!!

chippiechick

Dec 21, 2010
Hi!! Thank you for replying!! No, I haven't done a factory reset. I was afraid I would damage it! Is that where I push the reset at the side of the tablet?

chippiechick

Dec 21, 2010
I pressed reset. Left it about 10 mins, switched it back on and the same message was still on the screen. Nothing had changed. Should I have left it off longer??

TheZ

Dec 20, 2010
It needs the firmware re-loaded at this point. Check the forums that are specific for you tablet for a downloadable firmware file and take the steps to load it.

chippiechick

Dec 21, 2010
It needs the firmware re-loaded at this point. Check the forums that are specific for you tablet for a downloadable firmware file and take the steps to load it.

Already??? It's brand new and I only got it yesterday. What did I do wrong?

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
Its nothing that you did wrong specifically, it's probably just a glitch. Re loading the firmware will put it back at the default settings and should have everything working properly. What tablet do you have?

chippiechick

Dec 21, 2010
10" Epad android2.1 ZT180. Where do I find this firmware and how do I get it to reload it? So confused and disappointed now. :(

Last edited:

TheZ

Dec 20, 2010
Already??? It's brand new and I only got it yesterday. What did I do wrong?

A problem when buying chinese tablets is quality control. Issues out of the box are not uncommon. Can you post a picture of the tablet to help us identify it?

chippiechick

Dec 21, 2010
Thank you both for your help. I downloaded the update and set about reloading but I get to a certain point each time and then my laptop doesn't recognise the usb of the tablet :( Will keep trying but really not holding out much hope!