Any better CPU than the Tegra 2? ($400-500 tablet)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Adam has a long queue. Screen is better, PixelQi at least.

Both buggy out of the box. gTablet is more flexible right now.

I think gTablet makes more sense.

BrennanB

Jan 24, 2011
Adam has a long queue. Screen is better, PixelQi at least.

Both buggy out of the box. gTablet is more flexible right now.

I think gTablet makes more sense.

Thanks for the feedback. For electronics I tend to overanalyze my purchases so it helps to be reminded of the new adopter issues which during the time I will be using the tablet I do not need to have to deal with. The G tablet can play 1080p videos cant it?

BrennanB

Jan 24, 2011
Just picked up a G tablet for $369.00 at Sears w/ the 5.00 case :) I'm going to start checking out the OS options TCNEWS went over above.

Much thanks to everyone for there help!!!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
pbrauer has a good sticky on the gTablet in our Viewsonic section. This will give you some guidance before you venture into the XDA jungle.

1080p videos generally work

EwanG

Jan 8, 2011
Possibly to help you feel better about your decision:

- Adam display is better out of doors, but not as bright indoors, and viewing angles aren't appreciably better
- Upgraded (IMNSHO) from an iPad to the G-Tablet, and since my daughter (handicapped) got the iPad I can do almost daily comparisons. Out of the box, the G-tablet was a little rough. After about a day of tweaking I wish that the one app she has to have was on the G-Tab so I could get one for her as well. Battery life is similar, viewing angles aren't as different as I expected from all the reviews
- Most of the early Honeycomb tablets will be Tegra 2 based, so you should see a Vegan or CM Honeycomb ROM sooner rather than later

Best of luck with your surgery!