Anyone got a mouse to work with android yet?

Street E

Apr 30, 2011
Hey guys i have an asus transformer and remember reading in my many many searches that i would be able to use a mouse with my tablet, which would make things hella easier when remote desktopping.

I have found one which i think will suit well as its quite thin, wireless and very portable with my transformer case.
2.4GHz Rapoo 3500 Ultra Slim USB Wireless Laser Mouse | eBay

My question is, how easy is it going to be to get that bad boy working on my honeycomb tablet as i doubt its as easy as plug in and away we go.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Actually, If the tablet supports it, it IS that easy. With my tablet, you can plug it right in and a little cursor pops up.

tp76

Mar 25, 2011
I'm not sure about android 3.0 but mouse support is alive and well on 3.1 - haven't tried it on my Xoom yet but I plan to soon ;)

3.1 is scheduled to roll out to the transformer this summer - in the meantime check out our Sister Site dedicated entirely to the Transformer - http://www.transformerforums.com/ and download the free app in the Android Market

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I'm not sure about android 3.0 but mouse support is alive and well on 3.1 - haven't tried it on my Xoom yet but I plan to soon ;)

3.1 is scheduled to roll out to the transformer this summer - in the meantime check out our Sister Site dedicated entirely to the Transformer - Asus Transformer Tablet Forum and download the free app in the Android Market

There is mouse support on my SuperPAD 2.1 so I'm betting that there is on honeycomb.

scann

May 29, 2011
I'm not using 3.0 honeymoon yet but the dell streak 7 will soon be getting it. I have a Bluetooth magic mouse and verbatim bt folding keyboard it works great without having to download any apps to make it work. Just pair it using the Bluetooth device setup.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Android Tablet Forum

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Not sure this will help anyone in particular but: I was amazed to plug my mouse (and keyboard) into the gTab 10" with roebeet's Bottle of Smoke (HC 3.0 port from the Transformer) and they both worked with no problems. Very cool!

-Matt

jimd

May 21, 2011
I have a Logitech MX900 (bluetooth) mouse connected to my Asus TF with 3.1, works fine.

jaamgans

Jun 6, 2011
Have transformer with the dock keyboard - with transformer you would need the keyboard dock to get a usb mouse to work as no usb ports on the tablet itself. The keyboard has a touch pad for scrolling around and shows a mouse icon so am pretty sure that plugging one into a usb port would work fine.

NZwaverider

Jun 9, 2011
I have a Logitech MX900 (bluetooth) mouse connected to my Asus TF with 3.1, works fine.[/QUOTE

I also have a TF101 with 3.1 and was trying to connect my Logitech BT MX900 mouse, but when I go to connect it asks me to set a pin to pair device, but of course being a mouse you can't set a pin ?? How did you get around this? At least windows 7 automatically adds without asking for you to choose a pin