Anyone have a stock ROM for a 7022?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
If it's rooted, I think the easiest way to fix it is to restore the original build.prop file. You can do it using adb probably, even if the device doesn't finish booting Android. You can use it to get the current build.prop

Code:
adb pull /system/build.prop

then send it back (after fixing it, of course):

Code:
adb push build.prop /system/

You may need to use a text editor on your computer that supports Unix line ends. If you don't know what adb is, look for more info about Android SDK. You will need to connect your tablet to your computer using USB.

PS: that's why it's always a good idea to backup any file you modify, so you can put it back if anything goes wrong. ;)

mparker4152

Jan 10, 2012
I made a copy of the file before I edited it. I named it build.prop.bak. I also thought I had a copy of it on the /mnt/sdcard but it is not on there. I did download the Android SDK and used the platform tools program to flash the recovery but was unsuccessful. I still have the program on there and will try your suggestion on the above.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
If everything else fails, you probably still can install CWM and then the backup firmware linked in this thread...

mparker4152

Jan 10, 2012
I have downloaded so many files the last 24 hrs and moved them to the SD card, I have no idea what is what and I am about in tears and ready to toss it. I have downloaded the Stock OS Backup from this thread and moved the file to the SD card. WHen I brought it up in the Android System Recovery 3e, selected update from sdcard, I went through every file in this clockworkmod file and stopped at 2011-09-24.13.40.01 and now what? I had no clue as to where to go from there. So then I downloaded the tcc8803 zip file and moved it to the sdcard and renamed it update.zip and I get E: signature verification failed, Installation aborted. Now what? I don't trust myself at this point to even tackle the android-sdk\platformtools tom rebuild the build.prop file. So am I just wasting my time and go with my original statement and toss it? I am at my wits end, please help!

Simon1234

Feb 5, 2012
hey sry for putting up this old thread but does anybody still have a stock rom ? i really need one and all files mentioned here are offline :(

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It seems the 4shared file is gone... Any other links to the backup ROM?

adrock

Jan 10, 2012
I NEED THIS ROM ALSO AND THE FILE HAS BEEN DELETED. aNY ADVICE? THANKS. sorry about the caps