Anyone try this tablet yet?

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
T7 7in Capacitive 1.2GHz Samsung CPU Android 2.2 HDMI

MeriMobiles has a Saturday Special on them today. 7" Capacitive. 1.2Ghz Samsung, 512MB RAM, 4GB nanflash, USB otg and HDMI out. 4800Mah battery. Comes with 2.2 but 2.3 is supposed to be on the way. Hopefully it will have full Android market access!

Please LMK if you have any experience with this device.

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
Just bought this very tablet using the Saturday Special from Merimobiles... ordered a case as well. As soon as I get the Tablet in, I'll post info and pictures. Looks like the average time from order to receiving the tablet should be about 12-14 days.

I am really excited since this is my first Tablet, I have been keeping up with these for about a year...

Have a great day

Jay :cool:

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
I bought two of them :) Very good value assuming it lives up to the billing

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
T7 7in Capacitive 1.2GHz Samsung CPU Android 2.2 HDMI

MeriMobiles has a Saturday Special on them today. 7" Capacitive. 1.2Ghz Samsung, 512MB RAM, 4GB nanflash, USB otg and HDMI out. 4800Mah battery. Comes with 2.2 but 2.3 is supposed to be on the way. Hopefully it will have full Android market access!

Please LMK if you have any experience with this device.

No experience with this device. Have experience with slightly less capable device.

Single core processor, so it will not go to Honeycomb / v3.0. 2.3 available later is probably correct.

Very short battery life.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
No experience with this device. Have experience with slightly less capable device.

Single core processor, so it will not go to Honeycomb / v3.0. 2.3 available later is probably correct.

Very short battery life.

Good observation about the single core proc. I expect battery life to be good on this unit, with 4800 (really dual 2400) Mah battery. We'll find out soon :)

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
My T7 7" should be here in a few days. I'll work up a review and post it here.

RAxxxxxxxxCN

Processed through Sort Facility

September 11, 2011, 2:16 pm

BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Registered Mail[SUP]™[/SUP]

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

September 05, 2011, 8:48 am

BEIJING, CHINA PEOPLES REP

YOUR LABEL NUMBER
SERVICE
STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
DATE & TIME

Jay

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
My order arrived Monday. I ordered two units. At first, both worked well. But after about an hour of reconfiguring the first device, the capacitive screen began to not sense my touch commands appropriately. When I left the unit running on the home screen, and just set it on the table and left it alone, the tablet started 'sensing' commands, bringing up the android keyboard as if I had tapped the google search input field. I cannot navigate using the screen at all, so there is no way to go to settings and even try to recalibrate.

The second unit seemed okay until I started trying to configure it. I soon discovered that every time I tried to download an app, the wifi connection dropped. I did some cursory diagnosis on my wifi environment, and tested a couple of other wifi devices (WITSA81G, Dell laptop), and their connections are solid.

I have lost faith in the quality of these devices and am planning to send them back and try something different. I hope the experience of the other posters in this thread is better.

I also should mention that before the problems started, I was able to try and download Dolphin browser, but during the install, the app reported that it is incompatible with the device. I should also mention that before the problems described above began, the performance of the tablet seemed pretty good. Flash in the browser was fast and smooth. But for me, clearly the other problems trump anything regarding features or performance.

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
My order arrived Monday. I ordered two units. At first, both worked well. But after about an hour of reconfiguring the first device, the capacitive screen began to not sense my touch commands appropriately. When I left the unit running on the home screen, and just set it on the table and left it alone, the tablet started 'sensing' commands, bringing up the android keyboard as if I had tapped the google search input field. I cannot navigate using the screen at all, so there is no way to go to settings and even try to recalibrate.

The second unit seemed okay until I started trying to configure it. I soon discovered that every time I tried to download an app, the wifi connection dropped. I did some cursory diagnosis on my wifi environment, and tested a couple of other wifi devices (WITSA81G, Dell laptop), and their connections are solid.

I have lost faith in the quality of these devices and am planning to send them back and try something different. I hope the experience of the other posters in this thread is better.

I also should mention that before the problems started, I was able to try and download Dolphin browser, but during the install, the app reported that it is incompatible with the device. I should also mention that before the problems described above began, the performance of the tablet seemed pretty good. Flash in the browser was fast and smooth. But for me, clearly the other problems trump anything regarding features or performance.

Oh man .... that sounds like bad news for me. A live help agent told me these were excellent units.

That really chaps my as* ... I suppose I will try to find a compatible rom somewhere and probably keep it anyway. Mine should be arriving any day now.

If you find a compatible rom, please post the info here. There have been many many models that had really bad wifi until a rom flash fixed the problems.

I'll keep you posted here when mine arrives.

Jay

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011

Forgot to ask, could you post your problems, experience with Merimobiles and your shipping time over in the vendors thread here?

I think it would help a lot of potential buyers...

Thanks again,

Jay

wmwinn

Aug 22, 2010
I received my T7 today. WOW - is this tablet fast! Boots in under a minute, and snappy moving around the Android OS. Very responsive to the touch with the capacitive screen.

Display default was not set to Auto-Rotate, so at first I thought "great, here's the first issue". But once I set it to Auto-Rotate the screen - it's been working nicely.

First problem I saw was a WIFI error. I couldn't get the WIFI to come back after a sleep session. Had to reboot.

Market doesn't show many apps compatible with this device. Zumodrive, Yahoo Fantasy Football, Scrabble Free were first 3 I tried, all 3 were not available for download. I plan to download directly to the device from market.android.com - we'll see if that works. More updates later as I play some more tonight.

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
Thanks wmwinn , I feel a little better after your post ... I can hardly wait for my T7 to arrive.

I suppose I should start looking for a rom working on hardware similar to the T7:

Samsung S5PV210 (ARM Cortex TM-A8) 1.2GHz
512MB DDR2 Ram, 4GB Nandflash built in
Extend Memory up to 32GB via micro sd card
7" Capacitive Multitouch
800*480
Gsensor
Supports 3G USB dongle
WiFi 802.11 b/g
1.0MP Front Camera
USB port
Hdmi out
OTG port
Supports mouse, external keyboard
Battery 4800mAh (dual 2400maH)

I will be popping the back off of mine for pics ... and more detailed help in finding a rom...
Thanks,

Jay

wmwinn

Aug 22, 2010
Touchscreen calibration can be performed with a long press of Menu button... more details on P.27 of the User Manual. Mine is too sensitive - will try to re-calibrate. After a resistive touchscreen tablet - this is really cool to barely touch the screen and it senses my finger. Nice!

P. 26 of manual refers to a system software upgrade. We should look at that.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
My thanks as well to WMWINN. I'll give the p27 procedure a try, and may be see if I can get wifi to work better.

Dearmantech, I asked merimobiles for return info today and so far have no reply. Maybe it won't need to come to that (fingers crossed).

Last edited:

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Touchscreen calibration can be performed with a long press of Menu button... more details on P.27 of the User Manual. Mine is too sensitive - will try to re-calibrate. After a resistive touchscreen tablet - this is really cool to barely touch the screen and it senses my finger. Nice!

P. 26 of manual refers to a system software upgrade. We should look at that.

Okay - I tried the calibration preocedure. It isn't exactly correct in the manual. You have to use the Home button, not menu. But it does bring up the calibration utility - that is the good news. Bad news is that with my bad screen unit, the calibration utility pretty much just confirms that the screen is bad.

I am still trying to get wifi to behave on the other unit. It is furstrating because it won't rescan after it loses connection. Also doesn't seen to rescan when I tell it to via the menu option. It reports that my wifi segment is out of range, so that might be the reason it won't. However, when I turn wifi off and back on, it does scan and finds my SSID and connects EVERYTIME. Then disconnects and reports my SSID out of range, only to find it and reconnect every time I recycle the wifi. :-(

I'm going to try a few more things on the wifi and see if I can get it to be reliable, we'll see if it improves, though I am not optimistic.

wmwinn

Aug 22, 2010
Okay - I tried the calibration preocedure. It isn't exactly correct in the manual. You have to use the Home button, not menu. But it does bring up the calibration utility - that is the good news. Bad news is that with my bad screen unit, the calibration utility pretty much just confirms that the screen is bad.

DanU - From the Home screen, I pushed and held the Home button. I get the "recently used apps" screen, and then it reboots right into the ANDROID letter screen. It then loses the WiFi. I really need to calibrate the screen - lots of mis-typing around edges of screen. I know a calibration would fix this - but just can't figure out how to get to the app.

I can't find much on the Market. I sideloaded the following apps with success:
ZumoDrive
App2SD
Yahoo Fantasy '11
Yahoo Mail
Google Maps
Facebook