Anyone try this tablet yet?

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
Did you use the same ROM I indicated above (test0820)? Did the system information change?
Dan, i did use the same rom ... the wifi connectivity issue has slowly come back, although i am using an app that seems to keep me connected now.Wifi only disconnects occasionally, perhaps every 5 - 10 minutes, so its not a horrible issue. I am using "fix my wifi" and beautiful widgets " toggle widgets" for easily switching wifi on/ off.As a side note:I havent found a single game it wont play beautifully.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Mine are goig back. I am glad you guys are happy with your devices. I could never accept the wifi disconnect issues.

wmwinn

Aug 22, 2010
Screen has two corners, bottom left and right, that are hard to calibrate... but it seems fine even after calibration.

Jay - can you elaborate which two corners are difficult? Bottom means side where 3 buttons are (portrait orientation?)

Please post your current firmware version - looks like Merimobiles has added a T7 firmware download section. Did you flash the "version1" firmware download? It looks to be test0820.pkg. Any improvements with this firmware?

Also, I'm seeing some FC messages from google services framework.... don't quite understand that, but it doesn't seem to affect much.

thanks,
- Mark -

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
I wanted to let you guys know that in my exchanges with Merimobiles, I learned that there is going to be a new factory ROM next month. I am not sure what it fixes, just heard that it will be. Good luck!

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
Does anyone that owns this tablet have the original Market files I could get from you? Zip and download perhaps?

They are located in the /system/app folder, actually just a copy of this folder would be great ... mine shows to be 18 mb ... That way I can copy the original market and gmail files out of the folder.

I accidentally deleted mine while flashing firmware and I really miss GMAIL and a few other items.

I appreciate it!

If I dont get a reply I will ask MM support for the files... but I know it would be faster from one of you guys ;-)

Jay

wmwinn

Aug 22, 2010
Does anyone that owns this tablet have the original Market files I could get from you? Zip and download perhaps?

They are located in the /system/app folder, actually just a copy of this folder would be great ... mine shows to be 18 mb ... That way I can copy the original market and gmail files out of the folder.

I accidentally deleted mine while flashing firmware and I really miss GMAIL and a few other items.

I appreciate it!

If I dont get a reply I will ask MM support for the files... but I know it would be faster from one of you guys ;-)

Jay

Jay - check your PM inbox...

gammmer

Nov 8, 2011
You can upload and post a link by messages, backup stock flash card, with a program's USB Image Tool. I would be grateful. Sorry for English.

Last edited:

VrIgHtEr

Nov 28, 2011
i just bought one of these, and am trying to make a backup of the system as well as maybe try to flash a new rom onto it. My problem is i'm trying to get rommanager to work but i just can't... can anyone guide me through the process?

VrIgHtEr

Nov 28, 2011
also would anyone mind telling me how to get into recovery mode on this device? I tried all the combinations of hardware buttons i could think of but couldn't get it to do it. And if anyone is familiar with usb debugging, adb reboot recovery didn't work either

rachinesafire

Apr 2, 2012
I didn’t use it yet but I have ordered it. When I get this tablet then I'll definitely share my experience with it.