Apad with Android 2.1 and Telechip - BLANK SCREEN

Louis

Oct 22, 2010
Help - I am new to Android.
I very stupidly instructed my brand new and perfectly working Apad, to look for upgrade on the SD card, which was empty. Now I cannot start up the Apad. I momentarily get the start screen image, then all I get is a blank screen. The Apad stays on but there is nothing and I can't even turn it off. Connecting it to my PC registers nothing. So my only 'fix' will be via the SD card.
Can anybody help or advise?

Box

Dec 10, 2010
So it's not goes black screen because you touch brightness wigdet and disabling power backlight ?

Hi I found this post while googling this same issue that I am having with my new aPad.

I was adjusting the screen brightness when the screen went completely black, when I turned the tablet off then on again the little android alien man danced as usual, then loading came up as usual then a black screen... is there some way to turn the screen back on??

Obviously I cant see where I am navigating to do it through the settings button.

PLEASE HELP - this is my wifes Xmas present that I was playing around with!!!

Thanks!!!

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
it is a bit hard to describe exactly where to touch blindly to adjust the brightness.

you could try to boot the tablet in 'safe mode' (i hope brightnes levels do not apply there)
by pressing and holding the ([]) button all the way through boot up (might be a different keypress or even combination for you)

you could also try to 'simply' flash a new firmware. That should get rid of all the settings.

Box

Dec 10, 2010
Thanks for the advice, I will try the safe made you have described now.... how or what do I have to do to 'simply' flash a new firmware?? (sorry for asking stupid noob questions... but I am one) lol!!

Box

Dec 10, 2010
I tried the [] safe boot method as you described but it did not work, the type of tablet that I have is a MID vith WMT2.1.2_105 software if this makes any difference at all!!!

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
I have put the 'simply' in ''s because it often is not so simple.
you need to find the right firmware for your pad, i assume it is not a m701 so i cant tell you where to find it (aPad is a very commonly used name for 'Android Pad').
Your firmware version does not tell me anything but i dont know a whole lot of Pads.
Also other pads may need different key combos as i have written. (some firmwares dont even have a build in safe mode)

You need to find out more exactly what pad you have (what CPU, what version...) and find the right forum section to get real help.
I hope we can help you =)

Box

Dec 10, 2010
This is all the info that I have on my aPad...

CPU ARM 9 platfrom, VIA WM8505, 600MHz
OS Android 2.0 (Upgraded from android 1.6) Memory 256M DDRII Storage Device 2GB Flash HDD LCD Screen 7" Touch screen, 800*480 pixels LAN/WIFI 10/100M Ethernet Access,802.11b/g Camera 1.3 mega pixel camera Keyboard soft keyboard Touch Operation
Full-size touch operation,sliding menus,icons USB Port 2 x USB port (via the external usb pot) Card Port SD CARD(512MB-8GB) Sound Effect Build-in stereo speaker,microphone Jacks MIC in & Headphone out Battery 2400mAH Working time 3hours(standby time 7 hours) Accessory AC adapter, user's manual, extrenal RJ45/USBpot,packing box Softwares Fring,QQ,MSN,Youtube,Google Map,Document to go,Multimedia Player,Email,Es File Explore,Application Store size size: 22.9x15.6x6.8cm weight 0.7KG

If I am in the wrong forum, can you also direct me to the correct one.

tk421jag

Dec 9, 2010
Not sure if you have opened your up yet, but I had a similar problem and the screen ribbon cable was loose from the motherboard. I opened it up and fixed it myself, and all is well. It's pretty simple to fix.

chezimba

Jun 25, 2011
Please please I need help, my screen is blank on MID Apad Android 2.2. I pressed something (icon) I am not sure if it was to disable blacklight. Now the power is on (green light) but screen is blank. I tried rebooting while pressing menu still not working. Please help.