Apads bad press???

eckles

Aug 3, 2010
Hi, I bought an Apad a little while ago. At first I found it a little frustrating trying to use the screen scrolling options and found it quirky but like anything...learning how to use it is the key to success. I calibrated the screen a few times. It seemed to get more responsive each time and within a few days of constant playing and firmer pressure when scrolling, I fell in love with it. I sent it back because I bought it on Ebay with the description of it having webcam..which it didn't. I've ordered another one, paying a lot more for an upgraded version with more memory and features. I'm that sure of this gizmo!! I missed it like crazy when it went back and am counting the days till the newer version "Paddy" arrives. I loved it. Kinda like when you got your first computer guys..remember back that far???? It drove you crazy...right?!?!? Now you're a whizz. Same with the Apad, its a learning curve. Hang in there and learn about it before you go bad-mouthing the fantastic little invention please....you're turning a lot of people off a brilliant device! ;):rolleyes:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Interesting, but after reading all that I have no idea what you have :D

eckles

Aug 3, 2010
Hey Xaueious, you wouldn't work for Apple would you..ha ha ha! No, honestly...I love it!

davideccroft

Aug 7, 2010
I bought my pad last week on a trip to China - it has 1.6 / 1.7.4 - is there any wayy to upgrade? it works fine except app market stalls on upload so I've been loading apps from other sites

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Ya there's a way to upgrade.

App market doesn't work initially. There's a rather tricky workaround for it. Slatedroid has info for you right now...

eckles

Aug 3, 2010
I'm using the v1.7.4 firmware, there were a few hassles downloading from the market. It kept loading to start downloading but never did. One of my friends bought an apad and is having a few hassles with it with the wifi not picking up well, maybe I was just lucky. I get my new version Wednesday hopefully so will give a second opinion of the little gizmo.