App Suggestions

RumbleKittie

Jun 1, 2011
Hello, everyone!

This is my first post here. I just bought my Nook Color a few days ago and just booted CM7 from an SD a few minutes ago. I'm familiar with Android from my phone, but I've never been able to find a good calendar app (mostly because no calendar is that easy to work with on a device as small as a phone). Additionally, my phone had Swype out of the box which I've grown to love and am currently sorely missing.

Does anyone have some good suggestions for a calendar app that makes good use of the 7" NC space and will also sync to Google Calendar?

Does anyone have any suggestions for apps that make typing on the NC easier?

As a bonus, I'm always open to evaluating To-Do apps, particularly those with good widgets and the ability to sync to the cloud in some fashion.

Thanks in advance!!!
:)

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Try Jorte for a calendar app/widget. I loaded it onto my wife's NC and it works well and syncs with Google Calendar. You can play with the widget layout to get it to fit most of a NC screen.

I love Swype on my Droid Incredible. I just recently started using it. I tried to load the .apk on the NC. It didn't work.

RumbleKittie

Jun 1, 2011
Try Jorte for a calendar app/widget. I loaded it onto my wife's NC and it works well and syncs with Google Calendar. You can play with the widget layout to get it to fit most of a NC screen.

I love Swype on my Droid Incredible. I just recently started using it. I tried to load the .apk on the NC. It didn't work.

You're the best, NCNoob! Jorte is the best calendar app I've used so far! Not only does the calendar sync w/ Google Calendar, but the task lists also syncs w/ Google Tasks. Plus, I love the dual pane calendar + task view. Really feels like an app for a tablet rather than an oversized phone app.

I've been using the Thumb Keyboard recently on the NC, and I think I love it even more than Swype! Feels almost like my old blackberry. Heh.

Thanks again!