Archos 101 and 70 on the way (if you are in Europe)

Mozzer

Oct 30, 2010
Best Tablet PC 2010 - Tablets for Christmas 2010 (New Tablets for Christmas 2010 - Hot Electronics for Christmas 2010)

Creative Brings Budget Tablets for Christmas! (Creative Brings Budget Tablets for Christmas! | AndroidGuys)

5 Most Awaited Tablet PCs for the 4th Quarter of 2010 (5 Most Awaited Tablet PCs for the 4th Quarter of 2010 | ****************)

Ballmer on Microsoft Tablets: 'You'll See Them This Christmas'

Read more: Ballmer on Microsoft Tablets: ‘You’ll See Them This Christmas’ - Techland - TIME.com

There are so many tablets rumored or promised to come out by Christmas that I am not worried about getting an Archos 101 at all now. I was only going to get one because they were supposed to be out by 15 Oct, 28 Oct, Nov 1, Nov 8, maybe now Nov 11th or 28th, who knows and really who cares if they do now. Look forward to all that is tablet that is going to come out.

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
Best Tablet PC 2010 - Tablets for Christmas 2010 (New Tablets for Christmas 2010 - Hot Electronics for Christmas 2010)

Creative Brings Budget Tablets for Christmas! (Creative Brings Budget Tablets for Christmas! | AndroidGuys)

5 Most Awaited Tablet PCs for the 4th Quarter of 2010 (5 Most Awaited Tablet PCs for the 4th Quarter of 2010 | ****************)

Ballmer on Microsoft Tablets: 'You'll See Them This Christmas'

Read more: Ballmer on Microsoft Tablets: ‘You’ll See Them This Christmas’ - Techland - TIME.com

There are so many tablets rumored or promised to come out by Christmas that I am not worried about getting an Archos 101 at all now. I was only going to get one because they were supposed to be out by 15 Oct, 28 Oct, Nov 1, Nov 8, maybe now Nov 11th or 28th, who knows and really who cares if they do now. Look forward to all that is tablet that is going to come out.

You sure did some research there! If the Dell 7 or 10 inch is coming soon, it might be really tempting. I only wish Samsung tab could be bigger and keep the same price, or cheaper for the same size...

Mozzer

Oct 30, 2010
You sure did some research there! If the Dell 7 or 10 inch is coming soon, it might be really tempting. I only wish Samsung tab could be bigger and keep the same price, or cheaper for the same size...

I would totally love a 10 inch from Dell since I have a CC accnt with them. I would have to get it overnighted as soon as it became available.

KaiNinaste

Nov 5, 2010
I have spoken to the people at Thurgo who have had direct communication with Archos and they have confirmed that teh Archos 70 250GB should be here in about two weeks, and the 101 in about 7 - 10 days. The reason for the delay is they have modified the warranties so they are checking every shipment that is to go out!

KaiNinaste

Nov 5, 2010
I have spoken to the people at Thurgo who have had direct communication with Archos and they have confirmed that teh Archos 70 250GB should be here in about two weeks, and the 101 in about 7 - 10 days. The reason for the delay is they have modified the warranties so they are checking every shipment that is to go out!

Also, the whole French strike thing has slowed things down!

deezus

Nov 5, 2010
As soon as I get an email from Archos I am going to purchase this unit. I do think that by next week we will see these tablets...

Mozzer

Oct 30, 2010
I just gave up waiting for all the "new tablets" to be "released." I bought a Motion Computing LE1600 on ebay for $350 plus shipping. Here is the link:
MOTION COMPUTING LE1600 TABLET PC VIEW ANYWHERE XGA! - eBay (item 260693458860 end time Nov-25-10 10:45:32 PST)
There is also the LS800 with a 8.4" screen. Here is the link for these:
Motion Computing LS800 Tablet PC WiFi Laptop Notebook - eBay (item 150443237232 end time Dec-08-10 16:40:37 PST)
They seem to be comparable in performance with a full up Windows OS, people have been upgrading the RAM, HD, and installing Win 7 Premium Ed to increase performance. For those who are interested in tablets but not wanting to wait until Hell freezes over for Archos to get their crap together.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have not gotten a "We are Sorry..." Still have the Expect unit to be shipped next week from the prior Email sent back at the beginning of the month.

Only things I have heard was the combination of France Slowed by Strike, Issues in the capability in the 2.2 version. and capacitive screen availability for large screens. (On that note, there is an ugly rumor, a different company (Also name starts with an A) is trying to control the large quality Capacitive screen market, no verification though)

Archos will likely release it for Christmas and they will be sought after everywhere

TapNClick

Oct 17, 2010
I have not gotten a "We are Sorry..." Still have the Expect unit to be shipped next week from the prior Email sent back at the beginning of the month.

Only things I have heard was the combination of France Slowed by Strike, Issues in the capability in the 2.2 version. and capacitive screen availability for large screens. (On that note, there is an ugly rumor, a different company (Also name starts with an A) is trying to control the large quality Capacitive screen market, no verification though)

Archos will likely release it for Christmas and they will be sought after everywhere

I keep hearing that the Archos 101 will be available to ship on the 18th. I have pre-ordered one from J&R so I check my order every day to see if the order has been shipped. I'm anxious to get my hands on it because I already have plans for what applications I want to load.

I have been looking around for protective cases for the 101, but I'm not seeing any advertised. I don't think an iPad case will fit because the 101 and the iPad are different sizes. Hopefully there will be cases available soon after the product is generally available - perhaps a case with a built-in bluetooth keyboard.

Even though I have already ordered the 101, I also intend to buy an iPad before the end of the year. I'm hoping for some type of price drop before the winter holidays, but if that doesn't happen I'll still go ahead and buy one before January. Once I have both the biggest dilemma will be which one I take on the road with me when I travel.