8GB Archos 70 and 16GB Archos 101 currently avail on US site

cmhdiamond

Oct 19, 2010
The Archos store is currently showing the Archos 70 8GB model and the Archos 101 16GB model as available for purchase. No telling how long they will last, so get 'em while they're hot!

cmhdiamond

Oct 19, 2010
BTW: I just ordered mine. Can't wait! I'll post when I have tracking, and when I have it in my greedy little hands....

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
I ordered my Archos 101 8GB last Thursday and I still haven't received any tracking number or notice of it being shipped. 1 or 2 busness days to be in delivery they said.
and also, I never received any email from them when I subscripted for their: "notice me when available" thing.

cmhdiamond

Oct 19, 2010
Yeah, I never got any notifications by e-mail either. Just kept checking back until I saw it on there. I actually wanted the 8GB 101, but figured I would go ahead and order the 16 since it was offered. Who knows. If I get it in the next couple of weeks, I could always re-sell on ebay for a profit. ;-)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, I never got any notifications by e-mail either. Just kept checking back until I saw it on there. I actually wanted the 8GB 101, but figured I would go ahead and order the 16 since it was offered. Who knows. If I get it in the next couple of weeks, I could always re-sell on ebay for a profit. ;-)

Welcome to my world. My wife would kill me if I suddenly had two and not one. I preordered the 16 as I know the 8 just won't be enough for me. I was expecting a notification of shipping today. But nothing yet. Ah well.:eek:

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
well mine cost $30 USD. maybe it's because it ships to Canada. and I hope I can get it before this week-end.
And the best of the possible scenario will be: I receive it thursday, play a little on 2.1. They release 2.2 Friday (IF it happens... but they said by the end of November!) and I do the update so I can use the 2.2 for the whole week-end!!! the chance is pretty slime, like 3%... I guess.

cmhdiamond

Oct 19, 2010
My shipping was $9 for basic ground shipping (UPS) direct from Acrhos store. I can live with the extra day or 2 shipping time.

BTW: I noticed this morning that the 8GB 70 is still available on the store.

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
They did a huge banner for the 70 saying: "it's here!"

and I got my email saying my tablet is shipped, on the 3rd busness day (If I don't count the day I made the order)

archos-internet-tablet-p-5004.html