Archos 101 Internet Tablet 8GB Reformated Problem

odiear3rd

Jul 20, 2012
Someone please help me!! :confused: My Archos 101 Internet Tablet 8GB was reformated because of all the junk was slowing the tablet down and it would not respond to my commands. So I decided to reformat the HD and clean off all my data and start fresh. Now the the tablet won't recognize the router nor the PC. I plugged the PC and Tablet together via the USB and the PC won't recognize the Tablet either. HOW DO I BRING THIS TABLET BACK TO THE FACTORY SETTINGS?? Router is working because my wife's Kindle is working fully with the router. OS is Android 2.2. I would like to upgrade this to Honeycomb or ICS. I would appreciate all the help you can give me.

plc53213

Mar 4, 2013
Go to the Archos site:https://www.archos.com/ go to support in upper right corner of page pick the tablet and follow there instructions how to reboot to recover mode. You might have to download the firmware and put it on a sd card then transfer it to the root on your tablet. There is all so a way to put gingerbread on this. This site has details for the brave:Gen8 Android Development - xda-developers hope this helps.