Archos 70 as EReader

mishnogramjo

Jun 2, 2011
Hello Everyoe,

I'm thinking of getting my wife an Archos 70 as an e-reader. She currently uses an ipod touch with Stanza and can not stand the refresh on e-ink readers so thought this might be better. My only concern was whether there are some good apps for e-reading on the archos (maybe stanza or similar), also, wondering what type of battery life you could expect from reading, checking email and surfing the web.

Thanks

10 till 4

Apr 12, 2011
eh i dont really think that the A70 is going to be the best eReader. It can do it easily but a kindle or nook were designed for that

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I've enjoyed it as an ereader, but as 10 till 4 said, there are devices meant to be ereaders out there. Currently its a tossup between the Amazon Kindle App and the Kobo Reading app as to which one actually works better. The included app doesn't work right, the soft Android buttons interfere with the screen, and overall it can get up to 8 hours of battery life (conserving a lot), so if you want JUST an ereader, go for one of the dedicated ereaders that actually function decently, like the new Nook (not the Nook Color).