Archos 70 - How to Organize Apps ....

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
Is there any way that I can reorganize my apps on my Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB? I have so many that it takes a long time to scroll through them all.

I was wondering if I can create folders to put some of the apps into, and condense the apps into only a few folders ....

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
Look up app organizer in the market. There are at least 2 that I have played with.

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
Look up app organizer in the market. There are at least 2 that I have played with.

I found Apps Organizer. This is one of the most useful apps for my Archos I've found so far! I use it often. Loads my 541 apps pretty snappy too!

mscroggi

Dec 30, 2010
I found Apps Organizer. This is one of the most useful apps for my Archos I've found so far! I use it often. Loads my 541 apps pretty snappy too!

smart shortcuts is excellent as well.. allows you to organize much more than apps..

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
There are also good home replacements that you can use to organize how you see your apps as well. Taghome is a good one, ADW Launcher has "Catalogs" that works alright.

Dizz88

Dec 30, 2010
Alright so I guess I replied to the wrong thread. Here's the deal, I followed what you all said and what apps to use BUT none of them did what I "thought" they would do or what I "wanted" them to do. What I want is an app that on my Archos 70 IT, that when I go into the main deal where all my apps are; this is not on the home screen this is when you hit the screen that goes into where all the apps are. But I want to make folders to categorize all of my apps so that it clears up all the clutter of that screen. None of the apps that have been suggested do that at all. Yeah they categorize the apps but not into folders to where the clutter is gone. This is on an Archos 70 IT and not a phone. PLEASE HELP!! LOL I just want to declutter my menu!

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
Alright so I guess I replied to the wrong thread. Here's the deal, I followed what you all said and what apps to use BUT none of them did what I "thought" they would do or what I "wanted" them to do. What I want is an app that on my Archos 70 IT, that when I go into the main deal where all my apps are; this is not on the home screen this is when you hit the screen that goes into where all the apps are. But I want to make folders to categorize all of my apps so that it clears up all the clutter of that screen. None of the apps that have been suggested do that at all. Yeah they categorize the apps but not into folders to where the clutter is gone. This is on an Archos 70 IT and not a phone. PLEASE HELP!! LOL I just want to declutter my menu!

I use two apps to organize all of my 600 apps (!!!).

1) Apps Organizer
2) Smart Shortcuts

I like both of them. They work pretty much the same. You can assign more than one category to each app, if you want. For example, I have apps that are both a radio app and news, so I assigned both News and Radio, so those apps will show up in either News or Radio folder. You can assign as many categories as you want.

Another way to organize apps is to simply create folders on the desktop. I created these folders:

-- Ed (for Education: nine apps)
-- Media (Apps Organizer, NPR News, UK Radio(LITE), Dolphin Browser, Slacker, Tunein Radio, Smart Shortcuts)
-- Tools (AppBrain App, Yellowbook, Note Everything, Notes, WorldNewsTime, ColorNote, Market)

Also have my Files folder, two sticky notes, AppsOrganizer, Settings, System Monitor, CPU monitor, and Google Search, all on the main screen.

On another screen I have:

-- Browser (which I don't use anymore, use Dolphin instead)
-- System Monitor (don't know why I have two of these ....
-- Uninstall
-- Online Registration
-- Email
-- Contacts
-- User Manual
-- Music
-- Video
-- Camera
-- Photo Frame
-- Gallery

Since I don't use the apps on the second screen very often, I could create a folder and put them all in one folder, which would clear up more space to put other apps and more folders with more apps .... Probably will do that, as I figure out which new apps I want to keep ...

I have a third desktop which is completely empty. So I could create lots of folders to stuff with most or all of the apps that I really need!

Last edited:

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010

What you are referring to is the "App Drawer". The best way to categorize from your app drawer is through getting a different home replacement. Taghome has the best app drawer app cataloging/managing one I've seen. A lot of other home replacements have certain functions that are similar. ADW Launcher has Catalogs, but they aren't really labeled, and navigating through them is just a simple left or right, there is no selecting "Games" and you go right to your games.

Try out Taghome, see how it works for you.

Taghome for Android 2.2+
Taghome for Android 2.1
Taghome for Android 1.6

Last edited:

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
What you are referring to is the "App Drawer". The best way to categorize from your app drawer is through getting a different home replacement. Taghome has the best app drawer app cataloging/managing one I've seen. A lot of other home replacements have certain functions that are similar. ADW Launcher has Catalogs, but they aren't really labeled, and navigating through them is just a simple left or right, there is no selecting "Games" and you go right to your games.

Try out Taghome, see how it works for you.

Taghome for Android 2.2+
Taghome for Android 2.1
Taghome for Android 1.6

There are no apps coming up on my Market under "Taghome"