Archos 70 performace has slowed down DRAMATICALLY? What's up? Was fine before!

bmurf

Jan 8, 2011
Hey guys,

The 70 that I bought was working wonderfully - I have Android 2.2 on it. I broke it in fully by taking it to a Barnes and Nobles with Wi-Fi yesterday and after having surfed some graphic heavy sites and watched some Flash videos (I installed the plugin), the tablet performance is now extremely sluggish. It has locked up several times, button presses/wipes are either delayed by several seconds or don't register at all, on occasion they work fine but it doesn't last. Anyone know what's going on? Is there a cache I have to clear? Is something taxing it's performance after all that surfing?

Thanks for any info!
Murf

yoyodunno

Jan 5, 2011
Maybe those websites loaded the cache down with a lot of info? I'm not sure how you could clear info like that, maybe there's an app to clean out data you don't need from the browser or something.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Adobe and Archos has yet to release the official sanctioned plug-in. I have not experienced this myself but have heard of others getting this. You have too little operating and Cache memory. There are a couple of things you can do:
1. Go to settings. applications and clear the data cache and settings for the Flash app you installed
2. Un-install and reinstall Flash. I assume you used Market install.
3. Use a different home app I used ADW Some people swear by ZEAM. for their Archos. This will help as well.
The Archos OS footprint is fairly heavy on memory. If you load a system information program, you will see bloat from system and services you likely will never use. If so, uninstall them.

Best of luck

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
cachemate for root users from the market is another good cache manager for tablets. It's very customizable

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Unfortunately, if you are using the latest 2.0.71 Firmware, there is no root option available yet. This is a a z4root application. But, not valid otherwise.