Are apps like cleanmaster,ccleaner and battery doctor safe for tablet?

Allyboabybo

Feb 3, 2015
hi,I am a new tablet user and was wondering if apps like cleanmaster and battery doctor are safe to use?
the reason I ask is I read somewhere a while ago that the RAM in andriod is designed differently from a PC in that the OS always likes to use RAM to the full and will kill tasks itself when required and that using RAM apps will just mess up the apps starting etc in the OS is this correct?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's true that task killers and RAM optimizers for the most part are a waste. Clean Mater was at one time a great app but it has turned to crap since they started adding ads and bugging you to do things it wasn't originally designed for, CCleaner is just fine but mostly for cleaning cache.

Allyboabybo

Feb 3, 2015
thanks,I uninstalled clean master and battery doctor and stuck with ccleaner.
I'll just leave the os to take care of RAM and see how things go.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
After the executable system code, graphics, radios etc. have been loaded when you boot the system, the remaining RAM is mostly available for your running and recently run apps to reside. (Recently run are left there unless the space is needed for other apps you want to run. They are ready to run instantly if required again, and Android does a very good job of managing that space.) The more RAM you have, the more programs you can have running and able to run quickly. Having way more than your processor can handle though is not necessary, and wasteful.