Arnova 7G2 - how to get android market.

billynibbles

Jan 16, 2012
So, at this time, you are limited to AppsLib or Amazon's Appstore. There are substitutes, but not Skype, GMail.... Once there is a Market solution, I will post.
Be warned on two things.
1. Do not try Arctools or any of the other solutions to load/install Market. They will not work.

It may be the case that Arctools didn't used to work but in my own experience of the Arnova 10 G2, it does now. I downloaded it a few days back, when through the process to install custom firmware and ended up with a working version of Android Market 3.4.4. (I haven't tried it on my 7 G2 as didn't much like the idea of them both having custom firmware!) I've also used the alternative "load these apps in this order" method on my Arnova 7 G2 to get the Google apps. We are still dogged by the fact that Android Market does not recognise the Arnovas and so we receive a very truncated list of what's availible. If it's of any interest to anyone, there's a modified version of GetJar that's been alterred to make GetJar think you have a Samsung Galaxy (look for "GetJar.MoDaCo.apk")