Article Warns Microsoft Not to Expect Android Tab Users to Pay for Office

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
With the current alternatives available, I feel no need to enter a subscription system I have no problem with a single payment, regardless of cost.

Incidentally, I do have paid releases of Documents To Go and Office Suite installed and free: Hancom and Kingsoft/WPS office installed. Documents To Go is used far more than the others.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Bclinger, I am with you on that thought, though I do carry a paid, monthly subscription to Office good for, I think, 5 devices. I wanted this on my desktop and laptop for my home office work. It does not, unfortunately, work with my Tab S. Maybe some day soon. I also had paid apps for Docs To Go, but that was on my old, Iconia and the good folks at Data Viz decided to not allow it to transfer for free to my upgraded tablet. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy towards them. My new tablet, the Tab S has Hancom on it, but I have yet to use it so the jury is still out.

With the current alternatives available, I feel no need to enter a subscription system I have no problem with a single payment, regardless of cost.

Incidentally, I do have paid releases of Documents To Go and Office Suite installed and free: Hancom and Kingsoft/WPS office installed. Documents To Go is used far more than the others.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
One time payment from my HTC Evo, then 2 Acer tablets, and 5 Note devices. I would try the registration process again. It is currently running on 3 Note devices.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well, I won't be paying for a MS office suite. On one tablet I have polaris and docs to go and on the other I have Quickoffice, Docs to go and another which I'm not sure about. I find Quickoffice very useful. Docs to Go has been crashing lately. My desktops have MS OFFICE and the android apps can read the files anyway.