Asus Announcement 4: New Transformer Pad Infinity with Retina Level Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
asus-transformer-pad-infinity-2013.jpg

Here's our next Asus device and it's a doozy. They have one-upped themselves with a new Transformer Pad Infinity. The new version of the device will likely be the most powerful new Android tablet to hit the market later this year. It will be coming with a 1.9GHz Tegra 4 quad-core chipset. It will also come sporting a phenomenal 10.1-inch "Retina Level Display." Here's the full spec breakdown,
  • 10.1-inch 2,560 x 1,600 display
  • NVIDIA’s quad-core Tegra 4 chipset clocked at 1.9GHz
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 5 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.2 megapixel front camera
  • 32Gb of internal storage
  • Bluetooth 3.0
  • USB 3.0, an SD card slot (probably part of the dock)
  • HDMI-out with support for 4K video
As you can see, Asus isn't pulling any punches with this killer device. We can't wait to get our hands on one. Again they didn't share pricing or launch timeframe for this device, but we suspect it will be pretty pricey and hit the streets in the second half of this year. We will share those details as soon as we get them.

fbales

May 5, 2010
Their pulling one punch. The Rear facing camera. Granted it's not a deal breaker, but why only a 5mp camera with this powerhouse?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Their pulling one punch. The Rear facing camera. Granted it's not a deal breaker, but why only a 5mp camera with this powerhouse?

When my phone will do 13 MP on the rear cam, why use a tablet? If they need to cut somewhere to keep the cost down that's as good a place as any. imo.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes, it is. And I have taken a few with my tablet and I feel like a complete fool doing it. I much prefer using my phone or a dedicated shooter.

My sentiments, exactly. And I have done that too, probably looks a little dorky.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I took pictures with my 8.9"tablet myself but only inside my apartment....nobody was watching....don't tell anybody! :)