Asus eee pad Transformer 3G Solution !

maczo3x

Aug 22, 2011
I do something like that: I have HTC HD2 and phone give me possibility to create a router with I connect my Eee Pad :). That is my solution to use 3g connection. ;-)

Marquis

Aug 22, 2011
I believe maczo3x is right, the simplest solution would be to use a phone with at least Android 2.2, it has the Wifi HotSpot feature integrated.
There are also Wifi routers with 3G capabilities, i've even seen protable ones.

Last edited:

mitzzi

Aug 22, 2011
Hi I have the iphone 4 and unlimited 3g which i tether with my eee pad when im in a place with no wifi. it works beautifully and i have not experienced any problems with it. its very easy to set up by making sure your bluetooth is switched on, on both devices and pair. depending on what type of phone you have, but on the iphone it shows up as hotspot but one would assume that would be the same for all phones. hope this helps a little from a newbie to both eee pad (first ever andriod device and first ever apple product) :)

creison

Aug 20, 2011
Try PDANet Tablet if you have an Android 3g/4G phone.
I actualy wondering buy a new phone as the one i have rightnow is very simple.
So u recomend any phone that comes with wifi and 3g will work with PDANet Tablet right ?
Thanks in advance !

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I actualy wondering buy a new phone as the one i have rightnow is very simple.
So u recomend any phone that comes with wifi and 3g will work with PDANet Tablet right ?
Thanks in advance !

Not exactly. For PDA Net to work, it needs to be an android phone that can be tethered to the transformer via Bluetooth (not wifi) or USB (or you can use a 3G iPhone & tether with Bluetooth). If you get a phone that has wifi hotspot (not just wifi) capability (which is typically an extra monthly charge to activate without hacking your phone) then you can use that directly. A third alternative is to purchase a portable dedicated wireless broadband wifi hotspot device (not a phone) or a USB wireless broadband device/modem that can be plugged into a compatible portable wifi router (search on Cradlepoint as they make a variety of portable routers compatible with wireless broadband modems). Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-P100

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
I have a Nexus One, unrooted, 2.3; wifi tethering with my TF works just fine; no need for Bluetooth, PDA Net etc..
I donno about the other (Android, I)phones, but on android (at least N1) NO hacking needed to get a stable, wifi internet connection through tethering!

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I have a Nexus One, unrooted, 2.3; wifi tethering with my TF works just fine; no need for Bluetooth, PDA Net etc..
I donno about the other (Android, I)phones, but on android (at least N1) NO hacking needed to get a stable, wifi internet connection through tethering!

Yes, that's the wifi hotspot option I described above (least complex approach if your phone has the feature built-in) of course, as I also stated above, most US carriers charge an additional monthly fee to activate this feature on an unhacked phone, so that's the drawback to this option.

Sent from my SPH-P100

millher

Sep 7, 2011
Hello Guys,

I'm using my Nokia N8 with JoikuSpot Premium and with that program I can share my 3G connection to my Asus Tablet.

Regards.

:cool:

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
I have an Evo phone (Sprint) running Gingerbread and rooted. I use WiFi Wireless Tether from the Android marketplace and it works great, especially when I'm in an area where Sprint 4g works. Some tablets may need a slight hack to do "adhoc" tethering (I think I'm right about this), but it isn't hard to do. Just have to replace one little file. Plenty of help available at XDA_developers.net.

Also, Sprint has yet to throttle this kind of data usage and so far, it's not an added charge to my plan. However, this is a move across other wireless providers to limit band use with this kind of hacking.