ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime (2) Information Thread

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
I have an Archos 10.1 and was looking to sell it with my laptop and get the Asus transformer after reading great reviews about it. But now I see the Prime with this quad core processor and it looks nice. Does it have the marketplace on it? And it does have wifi right? I saw on Best Buy for Black Friday they were going to have the transformer for 249 and it sells for 389 or more but I'm not fighting the crowd. I'm sure the price will drop on it soon with this new one out. But I really am interested in the prime. I got the market to work on my Archos but it's a little slow with only 512 of ram and watching movies I don't like the screen. Let me know when whoever orders one gets it and how you like it?

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
I'm surprised there isn't more chatter here on the prime. Transformerforum is all abuzz. I like it better here, but nobody's talkin. :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Soon it will be available, people will start getting their hands dirty and things will get exciting. The thing is, untill some ICS goodness hits, and some apps that take advantge of the quad-core proc. it won't be much different than the current transformer. Sure cool designe, thinner, lighter, better battery life, but more an evolutionary, not revoluionary, step forward.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
I have an Archos 10.1 and was looking to sell it with my laptop and get the Asus transformer after reading great reviews about it. But now I see the Prime with this quad core processor and it looks nice. Does it have the marketplace on it? And it does have wifi right? I saw on Best Buy for Black Friday they were going to have the transformer for 249 and it sells for 389 or more but I'm not fighting the crowd. I'm sure the price will drop on it soon with this new one out. But I really am interested in the prime. I got the market to work on my Archos but it's a little slow with only 512 of ram and watching movies I don't like the screen. Let me know when whoever orders one gets it and how you like it?
All android tablets from major brands have the Android market preloaded. It's only the un-official, smaller brands that don't have access to the Android market. Also, any Android tablet that doesn't have Wi-Fi, is...well, really outdated. Even <$100 tablets have Wi-fi.

Overall, the Prime looks to be an incredible tablet. Really looking forward to it.

Tom T said:
Soon it will be available, people will start getting their hands dirty and things will get exciting. The thing is, untill some ICS goodness hits, and some apps that take advantge of the quad-core proc. it won't be much different than the current transformer. Sure cool designe, thinner, lighter, better battery life, but more an evolutionary, not revoluionary, step forward.
I beg to differ! The Prime looks to be more of a quantum leap than a simple step forward. They thinned the build by a massive amount, switched to all-metal construction, improved the battery life, screen brightness and as far as I know the screen responsiveness to be the best-of-all-tablets. Then, it also has the Tegra 3; way more processing power and graphical prowess. Then there's the 8MP camera, 2.4f aperture, flash, ICS...it's a massive leap, as far as I'm concerned.

There are actually a few games out/being worked on as we speak for Tegra 3. Riptide GP already is optimized for the chip.

Anyway it looks to be amazing. Looking forward to hearing SonicMaster as well; the tech in general sounds amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
Thanks, I think I am going to save up for the prime. I really want one but can't decide which color. I figured it had had wifi my Archos is wifi only. I don't know why I asked that. Do we have an exact date and who is the best to order from or should i say preorder?

Vach

Oct 2, 2011

I am going to have o agree with Walkop, I think this tablet will make everyone else try harder to make something better instead of just "Standard" tablets. If someone can pay $500 dollars for a 32GB version of this, then why pay anything more than that for a lesser device?

In response to people looking for news, I've updated the main post to display the most recent date "estimates," but nothing solid as of yet. I think Dec 9th looks the best.

Vach

Oct 2, 2011
I saw most of those, then I saw this and was horribly saddened. Hopefully that turns out to be more of a mass availability date, because that's not "Early" December at all. Most retailers are confirming earlier in the month (my store included).

I'll update the post to include this information.

kristjanh

Nov 27, 2011
I saw most of those, then I saw this and was horribly saddened. Hopefully that turns out to be more of a mass availability date, because that's not "Early" December at all. Most retailers are confirming earlier in the month (my store included).

I'll update the post to include this information.

Ohhh, I was really getting my hopes up. B&H's site says "Approx. Arrival December", but they also stated at purchase that they would not bill until the item would be confirmed. I trust/hope that they are with the earlier ones (if there will be different shipping dates that is), especially since they where listed at Asus as official pre-order reseller.

Don't know if this is new, but I found this cool Transformer Prime site at Asus
Eee Pad | Transformer Prime | Product Features
... damn it, things must be happening :)

Vach

Oct 2, 2011
I know! I think I may have to make a pre-order so that I can be sure of the release. I'd rather not have this whole... Christmas rush crap. It really irritates me that they can't give us a solid date.

Vach

Oct 2, 2011
Pretty safe to assume the release date is the "official" one given for the 19th. Added to post.

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
I'm selling my laptop to a friends coworker then once that is a done deal I'll put my Archos tablet up on Craigs List to have money for this one. I am in no hurry but this guy said he needs about a week or a little over a week to have all the money. So until that goes through I am not putting my Archos up for sale just yet. Gonna wait till the last minute before I start formatting and putting stuff back to the original way it was. But this Prime may not be available. I know they have to fill all the pre orders 1st. Hope I can get one. I like both colors still not sure which one I want. I need to see them both in person. If Best Buy has it and it's same as online I would rather just get one here in town.