ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 UK and US Availability Soon

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
rETKpl.jpg

Friday saw the pre-order launch of the Eee Pad Transformer in Taiwan. What we missed was the ticking UK launch counter on the English ASUS Eee Facebook page.

Right now, the UK Eee Pad Transformer launch counter has just less than 4 days left. In another wall message, ASUS is also announcing a separate launch campaign in 'the following days' for the US as well. With worldwide availability and warranty, the Eee Pad Transformer is hitting the market much like any other personal computing product. This is actually a first for Android tablets, as most other major tablets tend to launch with mobile carrier exclusivity and a mobile data service contract. As such, it is a major milestone for Android tablets emerging as the evolutionary replacement for personal computers.

Source
Image from Asus EEE Facebook
via Reddit comments

kicker10bog

Mar 25, 2011
This is the one I want. I probably would've bought a XOOM if it was released wifi only first. ... The original iPad launched wifi only first. Why shouldn't Android tables?

Sent from my DROID 2 using the Android Tablets app

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
Looks to be a fantastic tablet. Am only waiting for the Samsung 10.1 because it is lighter (a lot lighter). Should give XOOM a good run for its money

kicker10bog

Mar 25, 2011
Best Buy is already pricing it at $400 in the US on bestbuy.com.

That's a pretty low price! Hope it doesn't change...

kicker10bog

Mar 25, 2011
That was without the dock. ... But Best Buy has taken down that page. Asus probably didn't want it up yet.

Gadget_fan

Apr 23, 2011
I quite like their advertising on the facebook page. "Like that. But better." :p The picture is also priceless.

dantep

Dec 20, 2010
The price with the dock you add $100 to the $399 tablet, so the bundled price is $499 for the 16gb. This will add additional 8 HRS of battery life. If purchasing the
dock separately (maybe later) price is $149.

dantep

Dec 20, 2010
Asus facebook page say release in USA and Canada will be April 26. Called Staples and BestBuy Canada and said they know nothing about it.