Asus Eee Pad Transformer Will Likely Get Ice Cream Sandwich After January 12

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
asus-eee-pad-transformer-ics-update-after-jan-12.jpg

I looks like the UK Asus Facebook page let slip the dogs of war... Actually, there was no war, and no dogs either, but they did share that the OG Asus Transformer will probably get an Ice Cream Sandwich update sometime shortly after January 12th. Astute readers will notice that that date is the exact date that the Transformer Prime is supposed to get the Android 4.0 goodness. They indicated that they are working hard to get it out as quickly as possible after that. Here's the direct quote from their Facebook page:

ICS 4.0 will be coming to existing Eee Pad Transformer TF101. Exact date TBC but we are working on making the FOTA update available a.s.a.p. after Jan 12th launch with Prime TF201.

This is pretty fast to crank out ICS support considering, and good news for owners of the Eee Pad Transformer.

Source: TransformerForums via Droidmatters and Facebook - Asus UK

vicstarman

Dec 31, 2011
Got the update exactly 24hours ago. Holy. Crap. NOW it's evident that this device was optimized for 4.0.+
LIGHTNING FAST, responsive, crystal clear new fonts/graphics, etc...

I have the keyboard dock, but now the Android keyboard is just as quick and responsive.

No glitching....really, everything is running TIGHTLY and optimally.

Fantastic!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

Droid415

Jan 7, 2012
Got the update exactly 24hours ago. Holy. Crap. NOW it's evident that this device was optimized for 4.0.+
LIGHTNING FAST, responsive, crystal clear new fonts/graphics, etc...

I have the keyboard dock, but now the Android keyboard is just as quick and responsive.

No glitching....really, everything is running TIGHTLY and optimally.

Fantastic!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

Hey Vic, please clarify - did you just update your Transformer "Eee" or your "Prime" tablet with 4.0?