Asus EEE pad transformer tf101 wont hard reset! HELP!

Colmeeks97

Apr 8, 2013
I've forgotten the pattern to unlock my tablet. I cannot recover my tablet because there is no option to connect to my password secured internet. My Asus eee pad tf101 will not hard reset using the volume down and power button method. While holding those two buttons the screen will turn black, and a second latter reboot and continue to reboot.:(:( Please help :(:(:(

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I've forgotten the pattern to unlock my tablet. I cannot recover my tablet because there is no option to connect to my password secured internet. My Asus eee pad tf101 will not hard reset using the volume down and power button method. While holding those two buttons the screen will turn black, and a second latter reboot and continue to reboot.:(:( Please help :(:(:(

Welcome to the forum!

To factory reset using the buttons, hold VOL DOWN and POWER for about 12-15 seconds until you see some white text. Release both buttons and wait for the next screen.

Next screen has 2 icons, left one says WIPE DATA, right one says ANDROID. Tap VOL DOWN to highlight WIPE DATA. Then tap VOL UP to confirm the wipe. VOL UP again to confirm the wipe.

Then you will be back to out of the box condition.

Hmmm, I have a TF101 and it does not have a removable battery, or have a reset hole on the back. AFAIK, none of the TF101's have a back that looks like the one in the guide you linked to.