[Update] Ice Cream Sandwich Rolling Out for Asus Eee Pad Transformer Starting Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
AsusEeePadTransformer-ics-update.jpg

The official roll-out for Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich on the Asus Eee Pad Transformer has begun in Taiwan. Owners of the OG Transformer tab in that area get to test things out a bit more for the rest of us. If the launch goes well, we could see a global release in the next few weeks. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that the word on the street was that it was delayed until March for the United States. It looks like they may very well hit that mark. This update brings the firmware to version 9.2.1.11. Here is Asus' official statement on their Facebook page:

Dear valued ASUS fans,

ASUS prides itself on delivering the best products to end-users, which means that we not only aim to deliver innovative products but also to continue improving the out of box experience throughout their life cycle with regular firmware updates.

Many of our Eee Pad Transformer TF101 users have waited patiently for the promised Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update and we are delighted to announce that the first wave of FOTA updates for TF101 firmware v.9.2.1.11 started today in Taiwan. The update will FOTA in other regions soon after.

Although we will announce several new innovations at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week, we take great pride in delivering on-going enhancements and support for products that are well into their life cycle.

Thank you once again for your valued support!

Update: Apparently, Asus wasn't content to just bring it to Taiwan. According to an official statement from Asus, the ICS update will be rolling out tomorrow, 2/24, for U.S. users too! Wohoo! :) Here's the source: CampusLife.Asus.com

Source: TransformerForums via PhanDroid and Facebook - ASUS

Last edited:

tabletjunki

Feb 14, 2012
I've been waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich. Lets hope there is more good tweaks than bugs and regrets ;)

bernie63

Feb 24, 2012
i have the icee cream sandwhich 4.0 super pad, it was working fine when i got it this morning and now its apparently charging with a red light, but it wont turn on? anyone have any idea whats going on?

Awesomepossum

Feb 14, 2012
i have the icee cream sandwhich 4.0 super pad, it was working fine when i got it this morning and now its apparently charging with a red light, but it wont turn on? anyone have any idea whats going on?

Just updated mine this morning too. Haven't had that issued yet. Crossing fingers. However, I haven't figured out how to put folders on my desktop... I feel dumb. Anybody have a tip in this?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

TROONORTH

Jan 5, 2012
First BLACKBERRY updates their tablet turning it into a really great machine and now ASUS is releasing ICS. Can it get any better than this?
Well, I could win the lottery and retire I suppose . . ... . .. . but other than that?

Awesomepossum

Feb 14, 2012
Just updated mine this morning too. Haven't had that issued yet. Crossing fingers. However, I haven't figured out how to put folders on my desktop... I feel dumb. Anybody have a tip in this?

Actually figured this out. So no worries now :D