Asus Email App Address Book and People App

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
Does anyone know how to edit the address book for the Asus pre-installed email App? I can't find a way to add or remove addresses. There are some address for people I have no clue who they are. It apparently has collected addresses from incoming emails including Spam. The addresses are not from the People app (as suggested by other messages on this forum and other pages I found in a Google search), which appears to be a partial list of the contacts from my Droid 2 phone.

It would also be nice to get the People app to show all the contacts from my phone. Better yet would be getting all off the addresses from Thunderbird on my computer.

I know K-9 Email is a much better app, but it shows as being incompatible in Google Play, and I don't want an app that I have to look at advertisements.

Thanks for the help!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have several possible solutions and one really good one for all your issues.

The "people" app is tied to what you see in the mail app and also to the Google account you used for your tablet. The easiest way I have found to edit the contacts in the people app is to log into G-Mail on my desktop and edit those contacts. They will then sync with the people app, (all edits, deletions etc) While I have no idea why your phone and tablet would be different if you were using the same account there is a way to sync with Thunderbird's contacts. It's a real 2-way sync using an add-on for Thunderbird called gContactSync. You can exclude the collected address in Thunderbird from the sync. Keeps everything really clean.

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
Thanks leeshor! I will look for gcontactsync. I found posts on other boards from people having problems syncing addresses from Google People to the email app. I think the problem is how the phone stores the contacts rather than a problem with Google People on tablets and newer phones. I don't have Google People on the phone which is Android 2.2. My phone syncs contacts with Verizon instead of Google if I understand it right.

And FWIW I got K-9 Email to install and work correctly using the Amazon App Store. I got no clue why it worked with that but not the Google Play.