Asus MeMO HD7 (ME173X) Does Not Power Up

Hoibie

Sep 20, 2011
I have this nice Asus HD7 ME173X tablet. I have had it for about 6 weeks. Very nice operation until this morning.
I put it on charge this morning (after listening to some music through it last night at bedtime). I didn't check it then to see if it was alive as I've done this many times before. I came back to it later in the day, unplugged it and attempted to use it. I have one of those covers with a magnetic closure and when you open the cover, it turns on the tablet by a magnetic switch I presume.

Anyway, it's dead. No sign of life. I pressed and held the power button for 30+ seconds. Dead. I put it back on the charger to see if I could get any sign like a charging indicator. None. There's no battery port - sometimes you take the battery out and re-install it and it causes a reset. Some tablets have a key combination that causes a reset. There is none here.

What do I do now?

H

Last edited:

Hoibie

Sep 20, 2011
It Came Back!!!!!

I plugged it in to the PC USB and let it charge overnight. Woke up this morning, uncovered it - POOF! it is working!
Crisis averted for now. I don't really know why this happened. Does anyone have an idea (so I can avoid whatever I did)?

H

Afterthought: Here's what I think may have happened. I was playing music and went to sleep and perhaps overnight, the battery became so weak so as to not allow the system to awaken out of sleep mode and thus not able to reboot. I think I may have just had enough "luck" to slow charge it via the USB port where it was able to boot.

Last edited: