Asus MeMO Pad 8 ME181

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

See if this works

(IMPORTANT: Please be advised that all personal data will be lost after performing these steps. Backing up personal data is strongly recommended before performing a reset):

Step 1: Ensure tablet is powered off.
Step 2: When tablet is powered off; hold Power button until the start screen logo appears. Once the start screen appears, hold Volume down button (while still holding Power button simultaneously) until tablet enters the System Bootloader screen (this screen should usually appear as an Android on its back with its chest open)
Step 3: Once in System Bootloader window, use Volume up / down keys to cycle through boot options until "Recovery Mode" is seen at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Once "Recovery Mode" is seen, press Power button once to select this boot option.
Step 5: After executing "Recovery Mode", an image of the Android laying on its back should appear with a red exclamation triangle in its chest saying "No command". At this screen, hold the Power button and press the Volume up button ONCE simultaneously then release both.
Step 6: Once done, tablet should enter the "Android system recovery" mode. Once in this window, use the Volume keys to cycle through the selections to highlight "Wipe data/factory reset".
Step 7: Once highlighted, press Power button once to select "Wipe data/factory reset".
Step 8: The following screen will be to confirm the data wipe. Use the Volume down key to highlight "Yes -- delete all user data" then press Power button once to execute operation.
Step 9: Once data wipe is complete, if tablet goes back to the "Android system recovery" screen, highlight the first selection ( "Reboot system now" ) and press Power button to execute.

mhimhdi

May 6, 2015
Welcome to the forum

See if this works

(IMPORTANT: Please be advised that all personal data will be lost after performing these steps. Backing up personal data is strongly recommended before performing a reset):

Step 1: Ensure tablet is powered off.
Step 2: When tablet is powered off; hold Power button until the start screen logo appears. Once the start screen appears, hold Volume down button (while still holding Power button simultaneously) until tablet enters the System Bootloader screen (this screen should usually appear as an Android on its back with its chest open)
Step 3: Once in System Bootloader window, use Volume up / down keys to cycle through boot options until "Recovery Mode" is seen at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Once "Recovery Mode" is seen, press Power button once to select this boot option.
Step 5: After executing "Recovery Mode", an image of the Android laying on its back should appear with a red exclamation triangle in its chest saying "No command". At this screen, hold the Power button and press the Volume up button ONCE simultaneously then release both.
Step 6: Once done, tablet should enter the "Android system recovery" mode. Once in this window, use the Volume keys to cycle through the selections to highlight "Wipe data/factory reset".
Step 7: Once highlighted, press Power button once to select "Wipe data/factory reset".
Step 8: The following screen will be to confirm the data wipe. Use the Volume down key to highlight "Yes -- delete all user data" then press Power button once to execute operation.
Step 9: Once data wipe is complete, if tablet goes back to the "Android system recovery" screen, highlight the first selection ( "Reboot system now" ) and press Power button to execute.

Please help me. I need my tablet.

jona_spdr

Aug 15, 2015
Anyone has the firmware of this model?? Its the only ASUS tablet that doesn't have the files for downloading.....

Enviado desde mi K011 mediante Tapatalk

jona_spdr

Aug 15, 2015
Thank you! I don't have any problem yet but I'm reading about root an Iwant to have the original firmware just in case.

Lolipop update doesn't exist yet for this model?

The root access is permanent or can be deleted in case of sending to the technical service?

My model is 181c (Spain)

Thanks for your support! It's difficult to find forums about this tablet,

Enviado desde mi K011 mediante Tapatalk