Asus Transformer 16gb for $300.00

brasimericano

Oct 20, 2011
Hi, fiist let me start my saying thank you for having this forum for dumba**es like me. I would like to buy an Android Tablet, but it is impossible (at least for me) to decipher all of the differences.

Of course everyone has their own opinion so posting this is porblably going to make my decision situation worse.

A friend of mine has offered to sell me his Asus 16 gb Transformer that he recently won at some some corporate event and has offered it to me for $300.00.

Is this a good deal? I have read a little about it and I like the fact that it seems to be one of the better tablets when it comes to inputting imformation. I do not plat games ever. I would use it primarily to surf the web, email, use Skype and find funny notification sounds. BUT I also want to be able to edit spreadsheets, pdf's word docs etc. So, please let me know if $300.00 for this is a good deal, or if the ASUS is not a good tablet.

Thank you so much!!

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Hi, fiist let me start my saying thank you for having this forum for dumba**es like me. I would like to buy an Android Tablet, but it is impossible (at least for me) to decipher all of the differences.

Of course everyone has their own opinion so posting this is porblably going to make my decision situation worse.

A friend of mine has offered to sell me his Asus 16 gb Transformer that he recently won at some some corporate event and has offered it to me for $300.00.

Is this a good deal? I have read a little about it and I like the fact that it seems to be one of the better tablets when it comes to inputting imformation. I do not plat games ever. I would use it primarily to surf the web, email, use Skype and find funny notification sounds. BUT I also want to be able to edit spreadsheets, pdf's word docs etc. So, please let me know if $300.00 for this is a good deal, or if the ASUS is not a good tablet.

Thank you so much!!

If you don't buy it, I would...great deal considering it is new...amazing machine it is...

brasimericano

Oct 20, 2011
Let me rephrase that. It is not actually new but a couple of months old. He has just very rarely used it as he is an ipad person.

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Hello and welcome to the forum. In all honesty that is definitely a great deal in my opinion, I would scoop that up for sure! I have two tablets, one being the ViewSonic ViewPad and the other being the Asus Eee Pad Transformer. My first ever Android tablet was the Transformer and I have to say I absolutely love it. It's definitely one of the higher end Android tablet models. It has all the ports you need, a nice screen and fast dual-core processor. You might even want to purchase the additional keyboard dock, but of course it's not completely necessary and that is a matter of preference.

In short, for sure I'd say buy it up! You'll be saving close to $100 (depending where you buy it and if you include taxes). Keep this in mind however, there has been some talk about a Transformer 2 coming out soon, not sure when, but if it happens soon it will most likely drive the price of the first generation model down so you might even get it cheaper than $300. Don't quote me on that, as I certainly can't say for sure how much the price will drop, but just wanted to give you the heads up is all.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Darryl is right, there - the Transformer 2 looks pretty amazing so it will probably drive the price of the original TF down. It depends on the pricing of the new model, though (if they market it as a higher-end model, with the original still selling, for example).

We have a lot more detail on it now; the thickness (8.3mm; .3mm thinner than the GTab 10.1 and well over 4mm thinner than it's predecessor), some ports (MicroSD and Mini-HDMI), pricing ($499, not clear as to whether it has the dock included or not (would be a smart move IMO, forcing people to buy it all)), processor (Tegra 3 Penta-Core chip (5th core runs at 500MHz for smaller tasks (saves battery)), and, of course, a keyboard dock.

Also, it has a brushed metal finish similar to their ZenBook line of Ultrabooks. Looks incredible.

So, yeah, it'll probably drop the price of the original Transformer.

brasimericano

Oct 20, 2011
Ok, I bought it, now what do I do? lol I thought it would be more like my Android Phone. Ay caramba, its not! I don't even no where to start! Should I just load the same apps that are on my phone ? I speak 2 languages and on my phone its simple to switch between them. This keyboard does not correct typing errors automatically like my phone. My profile name should have been I'm Clueless!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

abcd123

Oct 22, 2011
hey, if you don't like the eee pad i'll buy it from you for $300, I'm also in dallas we can meet up check your PM.

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
Most, but not all apps that work on your phone will work on the transformer. The transformer runs Honeycomb, the OS Google developed specifically for tablets. As far as your language problem, get Swiftkey for tablets. It supports many different languages and is much better than the standard keyboard app.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum