Audio video chipmunks

cjsbaldwin

Apr 1, 2016
Videos on my samsung tab s tablet are high speed and sound like chipmunks talking, the audio is so fast.
Any solutions? Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

All videos? Local? Streaming? Any format?

A little more info might help.

cjsbaldwin

Apr 1, 2016
Not all videos run too fast. You tube videos play fine, by many of the ones posted on facebook go too fast to be intelligible.I don't know their format and hope this might help a little.

DOask me more questions, though, and I'll do my best to respond.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
So, are you saying it's limited to Facebook? If so are you using the FB app or a browser?

cjsbaldwin

Apr 1, 2016
Yes, It is limited to FB. The browser I use is Google Chrome.
I hope you're getting somewhere!
Thanks, again.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The app can be a problem but since you're using a browser I suggest trying a different browser as a test. See if using Firefox does the same thing.

cjsbaldwin

Apr 1, 2016
The videos I tried all worked using Internet Explorer.
Is there some fix that you know of for Chrome?
How might I pursue that?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There is no Interent Explorer for Android. As a result you need to deal with what's available. I don't know if Chrome is at fault or if there is a fix short of uninstalling and reinstalling it but since you haven't done what I suggested I'm out of options.

cjsbaldwin

Apr 1, 2016
Thanks, Leeshor. I thought the blue/world icon is internet explorer - if not, do you know what it is?
In that browser (whatever it's called) FB only comes up in the app and I find it infuriatingly difficult to navigate.

What are the downsides of uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome? If I do that do I lose all my bookmarks, etc?
Is there a way for me to contact Chrome, ya think?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Internet Explorer is a Windows program. The blue globe is the default Android browser. Uninstalling Chrome would probably cause you to lose the bookmarks. You could still use a different browser to access Facebook, if it works. The issue you're having is not one I've heard before so I can't explain where the problem is.

emma24xia

Dec 1, 2014
Not sure where you gor these videos, my guess is the video/audio not compatible with your device. It's better re-wrap it to android accepted vide and audio formats, that works for me.