Background Data Enable - Help Please

ssanus

Mar 12, 2016
I quoted the 5.0 instructions from that site, in my last post. When i go to Data Uasge, then touch the menu icon all i see is "Network Restrictions".

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
And did you click it?

I have the same tablet, well there are two versions, mine is the $78 version from Walmart.

I am running custom ROM on mine, never seen the problem you are having though.

Sent from my BatDroid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ssanus

Mar 12, 2016
Same as me. Didn't think I would find someone else with this device lol. I don't know what custom ROM is. What do you have on the menus icon of your "Data Usage" area? @Vamp

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Same as me. Didn't think I would find someone else with this device lol. I don't know what custom ROM is. What do you have on the menus icon of your "Data Usage" area? @Vamp
I don't use stock rom, but on stock rom that would be the place to make the change.

I don't use windows and wont be answering any windows questions.

There are people in the threads I posted below that use windows and could answer windows problems and questions but wont be me.

I use roms that I port, Most of the stuff below is for advanced users, The links show you there are a lot of people with ares 8 as well as ares 11.

Small Rom
Partition Ares 8 Tablet Linux and Windows script.

Full Rom
Ares8 5.1 rom from i708Q

Root Ares 8
Root Nextbook Ares 8, TWRP Recovery, Disable encryption

ssanus

Mar 12, 2016
Thanks for the links. Not sure if that's the answer i expected. I just need to know how to enable background data. Maybe I'm not asking the question the correct way. I appreciate the help though for any future possible relevant issues i'll use those sites.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for the links. Not sure if that's the answer i expected. I just need to know how to enable background data. Maybe I'm not asking the question the correct way. I appreciate the help though for any future possible relevant issues i'll use those sites.
You might need to return it to Walmart for replacement, the error you got isn't normal.

You could always try a factory reset, sometimes though with encrypted data is more problems then it worth.

Sent from my BatDroid using Tapatalk

apatheticforester

Feb 28, 2015
In your settings, click Data Usage and from the three dots or options, there's an option to either restrict or allow background data. Was yours restricted by default? If not, there's a setting when you're saving battery life that restricts background data. Maybe you turned that on.