Battery Discharges Completely Within 24 Hours When Turned OFF

PeterF

Dec 29, 2014
I have an on going problem with my Galaxy Tab 3 . The battery discharges completely within 24 -36 hours when it is turned OFF. Bizarrely, the battery appears to last for several days when turned on, but in standby mode and unused. It is still under warranty (just) and has been returned to Samsung about 5 times. The response is either that they cannot trace the fault or that it is a faulty battery. I am on my third new battery.
It makes no sense to me that the battery discharges quicker when it is turned off than when it is turned on.We seem to have spent more time sending it to and from Samsung than using it . Typically we would be light users just for checking emails etc.
Has anyone else encountered this problem which appears to be an unknown fault as far as Samsung is concerned.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That is very unusual. Try turning off all the radios (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS etc.) before turning it off. If that doesn't work, turn it completely off by holding the on/off button in until you get a shutdown message and select shutdown.

PeterF

Dec 29, 2014
Thanks for these helpful suggestions. We have been turning off the wifi when not in use and prior to shut down. We have not been using the bluetooth,radio GPS. We always wait for the shut down screen before closing down. The fault seems to defy logic.

Dougp639

Jan 30, 2016
I have an on going problem with my Galaxy Tab 3 . The battery discharges completely within 24 -36 hours when it is turned OFF. Bizarrely, the battery appears to last for several days when turned on, but in standby mode and unused. It is still under warranty (just) and has been returned to Samsung about 5 times. The response is either that they cannot trace the fault or that it is a faulty battery. I am on my third new battery.
It makes no sense to me that the battery discharges quicker when it is turned off than when it is turned on.We seem to have spent more time sending it to and from Samsung than using it . Typically we would be light users just for checking emails etc.
Has anyone else encountered this problem which appears to be an unknown fault as far as Samsung is concerned.
I have the very same problem as you do. I would now suspect that it is a problem with this tablet that Samsung will not admit to.

WilliamMartin

Feb 27, 2018
Same problem here, I have replaced the battery twice, done a factory reset, turned off wifi, Bluetooth, and location. When I shutdown the tablet at 100% at night, it will be showing 50% to 7% in the morning. Tab 3 8.0