Momo 7 IPS Charging Problem, Need to Fix for Nephew's Christmas Present

avecfort

Nov 22, 2012
Hi,

I bought a Momo 7 IPS a few weeks back while on vacation as a present for my nephew. It´s a great device but after a while I started having problems with the battery only charging to 10% according to battery indicator even though it clearly charged more since it would last for hours.

I tried discharging and then charging again, but it was stuck. But all of a sudden it loosened up and would charge to 40% instead. Tried switching cables and it was actually charging more, but never got it up to 100%. I thought I had found the problems and that it was a faulty cable or dirty contacts.

So yesterday I totally discharged it again and tried to charge but now it refuses to charge at all?! If I plug it in it will start, show logo then turn off and keeps looping. If I unplug it, it will actually start and boot up but turn of immediately when power runs out. In other words it´s currently unusable.

I had just been preparing this with games and books for my 9yr old nephew and it makes me really sad that it´s not working. He´s never had anything like this and would be absolutely trilled if he got it. Any ideas on how to fix this are welcome. I am quite competent with electronics and have fixe iphones etc. before so I´m open to opening it up and repairing if that´s what it will take in the end :(

//Martin

gerrymoore

Aug 12, 2012
Hi,

I bought a Momo 7 IPS a few weeks back while on vacation as a present for my nephew. It´s a great device but after a while I started having problems with the battery only charging to 10% according to battery indicator even though it clearly charged more since it would last for hours.

I tried discharging and then charging again, but it was stuck. But all of a sudden it loosened up and would charge to 40% instead. Tried switching cables and it was actually charging more, but never got it up to 100%. I thought I had found the problems and that it was a faulty cable or dirty contacts.

So yesterday I totally discharged it again and tried to charge but now it refuses to charge at all?! If I plug it in it will start, show logo then turn off and keeps looping. If I unplug it, it will actually start and boot up but turn of immediately when power runs out. In other words it´s currently unusable.

I had just been preparing this with games and books for my 9yr old nephew and it makes me really sad that it´s not working. He´s never had anything like this and would be absolutely trilled if he got it. Any ideas on how to fix this are welcome. I am quite competent with electronics and have fixe iphones etc. before so I´m open to opening it up and repairing if that´s what it will take in the end :(

//Martin

Hi...presume you've checked with a dc multimeter that the charger is working? If it is, have you tried resetting the momo with a pin underneath...just a thought before you start delving in! Good luck with it.

avecfort

Nov 22, 2012
Little update,
I did try several different chargers and eventually it just started charging although I don´t know why? Two things I did was to just let it loop and leave it and also push reset while the looping was going.

Now the tablet fortunately does work but I´m stuck with the same problem I had before. It´s stuck at 10% and doesn´t want to go any higher. I remember reading somewhere that you can reset the battery statistics somehow but I haven´t found those files. I´ve also tried doing a complete reset of the tablet to factory settings.

*Does anyone know if there is a firmware update for this tablet?

Thanks for the tipps Gerry : ) Please feel free to drop a line if you have any ideas, will keep you posted on how it goes.
//M

wabbitkilla

Oct 2, 2012
I've had a Momo11 Extreme since October and recently it's stopped charging ... pretty much in the same way yours is behaving. I've tried a new charger, but same result. Sometimes if I hold the plug with a bit of upward pressure then it starts to charge but never gets to 10%, I reckon there are some problems with dry joints on these. It doesn't help that the charger plug is so small that any strain could cause this.

I'm contacting the seller (on eBay) as he claims to provide a 1 year warranty. I love the device, it's brilliant, I just want it replacing with one that works. Don't really want my money back, these pack quite a punch for the price you pay (if only they wouldn 't go faulty)