Battery Issue After Installing CyanogenMod-7.1.0-encore

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
I have been having major battery drain issues lately. Twice now I've left the Nook unplugged for a couple of hours and have found it completely shut down. Both times it started with a full charge & both times it needed to charge for a while before I could even power it up again. I checked the battery usage and the Android OS was the biggest drain at 39%. I just did a reboot and that changed to 14%. Before, I could leave it for a couple of days without charging. Now I can't go a couple of hours.

I know I can go back to my previous backup, but I would prefer to try to figure out what the issue is. Any suggestions on where I should start?

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
This may not be a battery issue. I had the same problem earlier and left the Nook charging for several hours. The charging indicator on the cable is green, but I am unable to power the Nook on.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sounds strange. As far as the battery drain check for run away apps. You might want to kill some and be sure that isn't causing the drain. As far as powering on try plugging into the pc with the usb and see if you can get it to boot that way.