Battery life...

KevTN

Aug 11, 2011
Hello,

In the tablet market. (Prob. Christmas time) Basically to surf the net. but I will prob. take to the ball fields too. I am wondering how the battery life is and how it holds up to bright sunny days. (ie reflection?)

Thanks

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
The battery is pretty good even without the keyboard (approx 7 hours of heavy use). The keyboard adds a battery which lasts approx 15 hours of heavy use.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

KevTN

Aug 11, 2011
ok thanks...I am seeing that maybe the Transformer 2 maybe out by Christmas around the same price...So I am starting to get down to the nuts bolts so to speak. Plus also with the announcement that Asus tabs maybe the first to get ICS is a good thing too. Thanks for the information.

dantep

Dec 20, 2010
Hi, is there an app where I can determine the status of my batt in the tablet and the dock separately? Just use it with the dock and it only gave me 6 hrs total when I fully charged it over 8 hours the night before. Thanks

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Hi, is there an app where I can determine the status of my batt in the tablet and the dock separately? Just use it with the dock and it only gave me 6 hrs total when I fully charged it over 8 hours the night before. Thanks

Get the Dual Battery Widget free from the Market. Nice little utility that really should have been included by Asus.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

calden

Nov 4, 2011
In all honesty I get between 7 - 8 hours with the keyboard attached. This is because I refuse to use a crippled machine, I turned off all that CPU stepping crap (which I do with all my computers), overclocked the CPU to 1.5 GHZ (why, because I can), and never ever turn the brightness down (what's the use of having a IPS screen if I don't see it in all it's full glory). So I think 7 hours is pretty good. If you want to reach between 12 - 13 hours you have to be very, very conservative, brightness must be at 40%, wifi off, bluetooth off, nothing streaming, no music, no video, basically you can read, that's it. I don't know how in the world Asus achieved 15 hours, they must of had the screen turned off and SSH'd into the machine.

small-logo.png

undefined​

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
In all honesty I get between 7 - 8 hours with the keyboard attached. This is because I refuse to use a crippled machine, I turned off all that CPU stepping crap (which I do with all my computers), overclocked the CPU to 1.5 GHZ (why, because I can), and never ever turn the brightness down (what's the use of having a IPS screen if I don't see it in all it's full glory). So I think 7 hours is pretty good. If you want to reach between 12 - 13 hours you have to be very, very conservative, brightness must be at 40%, wifi off, bluetooth off, nothing streaming, no music, no video, basically you can read, that's it. I don't know how in the world Asus achieved 15 hours, they must of had the screen turned off and SSH'd into the machine.

small-logo.png

undefined​

This is so subjective, and since you are a confessed power user that is still pretty darn good battery life. With mixed use, wifi always on, screen at a comfortable for me 50%, I get closer to 10+ hours (actually closer to eleven after the recent firmware update). If that won't get you through most of a day you really should consider decaf.

Sent from my Transormer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum