Battery no charging

moku160

Dec 21, 2010
So first of all yes I did update to 2.02 uninstalled phone.apk, bluetooth.apk, and cellphony(whatever).apk

After updating had the device off and plugged in for 6 hours. Unplugged it and it wouldnt power up.
Plugged it in and it powered up and said that it had a 30% charge.
Ran it till it died and plugged it in again. Powered it on, and left it charging while on for another 6 hours.
This time said it had a charge of 15%

I am going to try to update again after work, but I doubt it will work. Does anyone have any ideas or do I just have to return it?

Thanks

Last edited:

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
I had this problem before upgrading. I would try to recover it first, Android if that dosent work, i would exchange it for another one.

sent from my android tablet

moku160

Dec 21, 2010
I plugged the device in, while powered down, before going to work
Came home and it was at 100%. Dont have time tonight to play with it but will try to use it with wifi for at least 2 hours in the next two days to test it out. Hopefully its working all right now though... Will update when I know

moku160

Dec 21, 2010
I got to use it an hour tonight, browsing the internet, playing some video, and playing angry birds. battery dropped to about 70%. I am very pleased with the device. Once i figure out a way to get rockplayer to play network videos i will be all set. Thank you!

jazzback

Dec 26, 2010
Is it safe to say After the update to Power off to allow the battery to charge? :confused: i do seem to have short battery life if i unplug the pad to well ill say visit the office. but i only had the pad 2 days. spending a lot of time leaching apks from google searches.

moku160

Dec 21, 2010
It seems to me that the battery does charge better when off, or at least much faster. I have installed Pro launch on mine so now it does have a lock screen, but I am pretty sure it doesnt really go to sleep and still uses much more power even if the screen is off.

Anyway, short answer, I power off when i want to charge.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
Is it safe to say After the update to Power off to allow the battery to charge? :confused: i do seem to have short battery life if i unplug the pad to well ill say visit the office. but i only had the pad 2 days. spending a lot of time leaching apks from google searches.
the battery life on a good day with wifi on is going to be about 3 hours max. if you're gaming or heavy downloading etc expect less.

I have found it charges better and faster with the tablet off.

I just purchased an inverter for my car and now i don't have to worry about it. If it's low i plug it in while i'm on my way where ever. Only real issue now is having to carry the power brick. I wish i could find a place to buy a couple more of them

dredrian

Dec 23, 2010
What/where are you typing to get to the file menu to uninstall phone.apk, bluetooth.apk, etc...

Have (2) trying to get the battery life to last longer...