Battery problem?

nhoncoop

Jan 24, 2011
A couple days ago is mentioned when i connect the recharger that the led turned to red but the battery indicator in android didn't respond.

Now is the battery complete drained/empty and wilk the tablet not boot anymore, it will shutdown on the moment that the bootscreen goes to the complete started OS, this is with recharger connected.

Without recharger it wouldn't start at all.

I opened the device to check the wires but can't find something strange (see photos). What's the problem?

It's this device: https://www.chinasped.com/html/Product.asp?PId=1469

$imag0011.jpg

$imag0012.jpg

$imag0013.jpg

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
you may have a bad battery, or the charger doesn't work. I would go back to the vendor for an exchange.

nhoncoop

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for the fast response, the problem is that i bought this second hand. Is there an easy way to check what it is? Can i use an another charger with a higher or lower voltage en amperage?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Check the solder joints at each end of the wires going to the battery. Use a multimeter to check for continuity and voltage.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
A new battery won't fix the problem if the soldering job is bad on the leads. I would check that first before spending money on the battery....

nhoncoop

Jan 24, 2011
Ok i gonna do that, the wires on the battery looks good to me (see photo) I will check the rest of the wiring. And I will look if can borrow a multimeter.

chris_ano

Feb 2, 2011
Hello, my friend. I have the same problem with you. Is your problem solved? Did you find a solution? I am also thinking to by a new battery from chinavasion.

cider101

Jan 17, 2011
i had once a similar problem with my iphone. It wouldn't load the battery even when connected to the power. When booting (connected to power) it shutdown after just a couple of seconds. This looked to me like once the system booted up far enough, it checked the battery (which was empty) and power-connection status and decided to shutdown again to protect the battery because the battery was so empty and the power-connection couldn't be detected.
The only way i got the iphone recharging was, to put it in to restore mode and keep it connected to the usb port...

chris_ano

Feb 2, 2011
My android tablet is not entering the recovery mode or i do not know the correct way to enter recovery mode to try this. I used a multimeter to test the battery and it showed 3.2Volts. The tablet has inside two 3.7V batteries connected together but with this way i think it should show 7.4V for the battery to be "healthy".

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If they're in parallel, add the Ah ratings. If in series, add the voltages.

srikrish

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah, it always happens with second hands. I got 3 of such kind and finally its not working in a month or so. I got batteries new from ChinaBuye, at quite cheaper rate. But its reliable, so far its good without any problems. I find dealextreme also cost is higher. Best batteries i find them here in ChinaBuye.