BB Price Matched my S7 Purchased in November - YMMV

Who Dat

Dec 2, 2010
went to BB yesterday to get my $50. Clerk said she couldnt do it, it was outside of 30 days for a straight up credit, only way to do it would be to return the device and get a new one under the extended holiday return. I said no problem, its in the car i'll go get it and be happy to get a brand new device, she said hold on let me try this.... and voila, i get my $50 credit, they cancelled out the original credit charge and just recharged the sale price.

thanks for the heads up on this one.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
A receipt scan would be helpful to help some people. Only 2 days left.

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
I'm a little dense, can you enlighten me on what this means?
Best Buy receipts have bar codes on them. With the original receipt Best Buy can just scan the bar code and all the information about your purchase is retrieved including your payment information. When I went in they scanned my receipt, and presto a credit was applied to the credit card I used for the original purchase. When they scan I think it takes all they return policy/price guarantee information into account automatically. It literally took me five minutes to get the difference refunded.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Best Buy receipts have bar codes on them. With the original receipt Best Buy can just scan the bar code and all the information about your purchase is retrieved including your payment information. When I went in they scanned my receipt, and presto a credit was applied to the credit card I used for the original purchase. When they scan I think it takes all they return policy/price guarantee information into account automatically. It literally took me five minutes to get the difference refunded.

Ok I get that, but I'm still not understanding what the moderator was getting at.

jayghale

Jan 4, 2011
I went today and got the $50 rebate and they let me purchase the insurance for it. Purchased Nov 30.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
On our Canadian Slickdeals forum equivalent, Redflagdeals, whenever we have price match YMMV threads, we usually get scans of refund receipts so we can negotiate with BB managers a bit better. Sometimes it helps. I'm just speaking from what I've read.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
On our Canadian Slickdeals forum equivalent, Redflagdeals, whenever we have price match YMMV threads, we usually get scans of refund receipts so we can negotiate with BB managers a bit better. Sometimes it helps. I'm just speaking from what I've read.

Gotcha - I'm not comfortable putting all that private info out on a public website, so I'll leave that to someone else. But I will say that a friend who is a non-reward zone purchaser of the S7 in November also had little trouble using the Holiday extended returns policy printed on his receipt as a means for a return/repurchase price match. Note that in both my case and his case, BB honored the price match using only the receipt - the S7 did not need to be physically in hand. It seems that BB is honoring this
policy in almost every case. Remember, that if the CSR is pushing back, just get the Supervisor, calmly point out the language on the receipt regarding extended holiday returns and stand your ground, politely. Politeness and firm persistence seem to be (literally) paying off in this case. Good luck.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Just got back from BB and they tried to say the price match was only for 30 days. I pointed out that I got this during the Holidays and had until 1/31 to return them. They said that is correct. They tried to do the price match and the computer said it was out of the period so they had to do a return, which they were able to do just from the receipt and then just resold me the ones I already had at home. They were really nice about it and the lady when we were done pointed out it that I had a good eye on that because it saved us $120 (since my wife and I both got one). I was happy at $300 with our tablets, but am even happier at $250 with them.

cbinks

Nov 20, 2010
Couldnt find my reciept, however since i am a reward zone member i was able to find the sale number there and just called BB, had to talk a long time but eventually the store manager ran my return, repurchase and I got my credit applied over the phone!!

elkin30

Nov 18, 2010
After failing to sell my S7 so far, I decidedthat i'd try the price match. Before I went to Best Buy, I printed out the price match sheet online just in case they were douches like they usually are. Sure enough, once I got to best buy, the douchebaggery was confirmed. I was instantly told that I could not get the matched price because I went past the 14 days tablet return policy. I was then told that everything else which is also apparently a tablet is 30 days return. I then showed him the holiday policy and he told me about "exceptions". I then told the sales guy that he just contradicted himself and he started to get annoyed because he knew he was wrong. I then pulled out my receipt and told the guy that there was nothing that said tablets and argued for 15 minutes and told him it was bought as a gift. Finally, I talked to the manager and showed him the sheet I printed and he nodded his head because he had just been schooled by an 18 year old. Apparently the tablet was a notebook until I pointed out that the S7 was under a huge display that said "TABLETS" and that notebooks aren't sold within best buy mobile AND have keybords. The manager, conveniently named Pun, yes he looked like Big Pun, huge guy, had trouble overriding the system and eventually he returned the tablet and did a new purchase. In the end, I got a $53 gift card and my same tablet back. When asked why I was not given the cash I paid for it back, he threatened to delete the entire sale, and undo everything. In the end, I got money back, but in a Best Buy card. I bet I'll eventually need to buy something at best buy in the next year or so.

In the end, it all depends on if your employees are nice and want to help or are just douches waiting for their shift to end and like using the word "No" Success so far, my S7 is still up for sale if anyone would like, lowered price to $230 plus shipping.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I'm currently in the UK and having bought my S7 at Bestbuy Augusta and then hearing about the price match refund, I wondered if I could get the same from long distance.
I called my fiance and told her the situation, said where my receipt was and asked her to go into BB. She did that yesterday and the clerk processed the refund without problem and returned the $53 in cash.
One very interesting thing is that my fiance asked why they were doing this and she got the answer that they were repositioning the tablet with a network provider to be contract only! That could be something attached to Huawei's position and be a result of their marketing to the networks. Yikes!
This would likely mean that the unlocked SIM free version will be priced higher to push the contract version which would be network discounted and come with a data plan. But it is almost certain to be a 2.2 version and I'd put my money on the announced march update coinciding with the network contract release of may be the capacitive version.
All in all I think we have a out and out bargain and at $250 it's put a big smile on my face. The S7 costs $390 here in the UK!
Many thanks to all who brought the refund to the attention of the forum.
I wonder at the thoughts of those who returned their items?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I was able to get the credit at BB Friday in Madison, WI. I had the original receipt, which indicated return until Jan 31st. At first they balked, then indicated that I could not get a credit but could return it. I said "OK, it is out in the car with the box, I'll go get it. I don't really want to return it but I guess I can, I'll be right back". (it was out there, I brought it just in case). Then they decided to give me the refund, which was a complicated procedure involving the manager and some guesswork where everyone was saying "hmm, will this actually work?" It didn't help that I had used a reward zone coupon on the original purchase. In the end, they credited $52 back to my card, and it was fairly painless. I was prepared to argue, but it wasn't necessary.

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
I attempted to get the money back and was unsuccessful. Tried in store then called the 1800 bestbuy # and then the manager again only to fail repeatedly. After all the effort and the pure lack of knowledge of their own policies and products, i got 3 different answers from 3 different people and left 2 msgs for the manager who never returned my call which is just an utter disregardance of their customers. I say screw them and i will go elsewhere for any of my needs, prolly amazon. Bunch of f'n morons... smh

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I attempted to get the money back and was unsuccessful. Tried in store then called the 1800 bestbuy # and then the manager again only to fail repeatedly. After all the effort and the pure lack of knowledge of their own policies and products, i got 3 different answers from 3 different people and left 2 msgs for the manager who never returned my call which is just an utter disregardance of their customers. I say screw them and i will go elsewhere for any of my needs, prolly amazon. Bunch of f'n morons... smh

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

When did you purchase the S7? Did you try the return before Sun? Did you have access to more than one store?

Sent from my Ideos S7