BBC iPlayer for 4.1 Jelly Bean

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
I know this will probably only interest the UK users but...

BBC releases Iplayer app for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean- The Inquirer

It seems to be working now on every tablet we've tested so far (momo11/Cube u30gt/pipo smart s1/freelander pd20/ondav971) and some others. We downloaded both iPlayer and BBC Media Player and launching either one takes you to the same online mobile version of the site and all the content seems to work now, although sometimes it plays in a small screen, not sure why?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
...and all the content seems to work now, although sometimes it plays in a small screen, not sure why?

I think the iPlayer site might be selecting the stream you get (and the resulting screen size) depending on a quick speed test on your connection. I remember seeing one of the BBC pages which had a speed test for video streaming; it told you what kinds of speed to expect, what streams you could watch live.

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
Yeh I think you're right. We've only got domestic internet in the office so its sometimes reaaaallly slow. However i've yet to see a decent output from iPlayer on any of our tablets where some of the other media players and youtube get great picture. I don't really think BBC have solved or fixed the problem yet...